Hi! New in West Sussex

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamS

Hi all, I’m adam. New to shooting, I’ve been taking lessons at Southdown GunClub for the last few months while I wait for my certificate to arrive (4 months now!) 

looking forward to learning all that’s there to learn about clay shooting :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome bud - hopefully your cert will be with you in no time. 

Any guns in mind for when it does? 

Hi bud, Ive just got back into it after a 30 year break, been shooting Southdown for the past year as local ground to me. Friendly club.

Welcome bud - hopefully your cert will be with you in no time. 

Any guns in mind for when it does? 
I have a Browning B725 Sporting gathering dust in Southdown’s gun room currently... kinda expected the cert to arrive in a sensible time scale... seems expectations don’t match reality! 

Hi bud, Ive just got back into it after a 30 year break, been shooting Southdown for the past year as local ground to me. Friendly club.
Yeah i've found them all very friendly and inviting, Iain's been a great tutor and Aarons been great at lending me the shops B725 until i can have mine! 

Found out yesterday why my certificate hasn't arrived.  After getting the hump after 4 months of waiting and writing a complaint to the local police commissioner - it seems they have lost all the paperwork! Despite the local FAO coming round to interview, and returning his report, same day, with others that they do have, they appear to have completely lost mine... 

Good news is the local FAO is a legend and turned up on my doorstep having fully investigated, with a fresh set of papers to fill in and give back so he can get it going again.

Fingers crossed ill have the cert soon! 

Yeah i've found them all very friendly and inviting, Iain's been a great tutor and Aarons been great at lending me the shops B725 until i can have mine! 

Found out yesterday why my certificate hasn't arrived.  After getting the hump after 4 months of waiting and writing a complaint to the local police commissioner - it seems they have lost all the paperwork! Despite the local FAO coming round to interview, and returning his report, same day, with others that they do have, they appear to have completely lost mine... 

Good news is the local FAO is a legend and turned up on my doorstep having fully investigated, with a fresh set of papers to fill in and give back so he can get it going again.

Fingers crossed ill have the cert soon! 
I was going to say, Sussex are usually pretty good in terms of turn around time for licenses.  Fingers crossed they'll fast track it for you now.

Latest posts

Back