Any impressions from someone that tried out the new beretta 694

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panagiotis

Any comments from owners of the new beretta 694 that had the chance to shoot it? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Any comments from owners of the new beretta 694 that had the chance to shoot it? 
The previews didn't convinced me that the 694 will be the new king in the midrange, it would be interesting to hear opinions from new b694 owners? 

I am sorry reviews I wanted to say

Panagiotis said:
The reviews didn't convinced me that the 694 will be the new king in the midrange, it would be interesting to hear opinions from new b694 owners? 

The 694 appears to have resolved the major issues that caused the 692 sales to crash and burn but personally I doubt it shoots any better. After all the 692 handles pretty well and gets the job done for most owners.

To get me interested they'll need to ditch the painfully sharp chequering, lighten the triggers and improve the machining accuracy so the chokes fit better in the barrels than any of the 3 Berettas I've owned.

Considering the competition in the mid range from Browning, Blaser, CG etc they have a mountain to climb before there's any prospect of repeating the 682 Gold E success story.

The 694 appears to have resolved the major issues that caused the 692 sales to crash and burn but personally I doubt it shoots any better. After all the 692 handles pretty well and gets the job done for most owners.

To get me interested they'll need to ditch the painfully sharp chequering, lighten the triggers and improve the machining accuracy so the chokes fit better in the barrels than any of the 3 Berettas I've owned.

Considering the competition in the mid range from Browning, Blaser, CG etc they have a mountain to climb before there's any prospect of repeating the 682 Gold E success story.
Have to agree with you on the chequering, I picked one up today and the chequering is very sharp, but it does handle well and the triggers were light and crisp. Didn’t look at the chokes but it’s a nice gun if you like the square odd looking action

Very happy with mine but it’s only had 100 shells through it as the weathers been so lousy since I bought it. It feels much more premium than the 692 I had when they first came out. The 694 is very smooth to shoot, recoil is well controlled and the stock dimensions are nice. The chequering doesn’t bother me....doesn’t feel sharp or different to any other chequering to me. Mine balances bang on the hinge pin. 

I shot one last week in 32" form at ABT , I've owned and shot 682 / 682 gold e's and a 692  but changed to a Blaser 2 years ago. 

I think it's a better designed stock shape and fore end and to me felt more pointable and less vauge than the 692, if you had £3.4k to spend and you wanted  a new Beretta -  it's a definite improvement on the 692 handling wise  and from what I've seen in a video from Rich Cole on YouTube - a definite technical improvement too. 

I shot one last week in 32" form at ABT , I've owned and shot 682 / 682 gold e's and a 692  but changed to a Blaser 2 years ago. 

I think it's a better designed stock shape and fore end and to me felt more pointable and less vauge than the 692, if you had £3.4k to spend and you wanted  a new Beretta -  it's a definite improvement on the 692 handling wise  and from what I've seen in a video from Rich Cole on YouTube - a definite technical improvement too. 
Thank you for your feedback. 

Witnessed my first 694 in the flesh today handled it felt ok thought i quite fancy one.Then watched it malfunction just the same as a 692 lever stuck over,fail to fire and didn't want to open.....so a great improvement then!!Mind changed back😂😂

I shot James Bradley-Day's 32" 694 on Compak layout at Owls last week - it's a fantastic gun and I'm not a Beretta fan outside of the DT10.

It almost doesn't feel very Beretta like, it's bigger and has more about it whilst still being very easy to move. Every Beretta I've ever shot or shouldered has felt skinny and a tad "whippy".

James's gun is balanced front heavy (he originally added loads of weight to the back but has since removed it) and it was extremely pointable. I believe he had the 55 drop version and had just returned from GMK for a minor stock alteration. Trigger set forward, still a little short for me but with 3/4 and 3/4 I was on everything. Virtually no recoil. Palm swell is lovely, sight picture too. Though the best thing is probably the forend, extremely comfortable particularly for me where I rest my thumb high up on the barrel.

If I bought one I'd add a thicker pad and put some weight in the back - potential to be a class gun. 

With the price tag in mind would I swap it for Custom MK38? Nah!

Latest posts

Back