CTN

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes please, keep on posting.

just seen that there’s an app for calculating lead on targets, sod the shotgun just use your smartphone instead...... whatever next ??

Yes please, keep on posting.

just seen that there’s an app for calculating lead on targets, sod the shotgun just use your smartphone instead...... whatever next ??
I believe you attach a phone to the barrels and when the green light flashes you pull the trigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had the chance to read this magazine, and on first impression it shows how far advanced America is over us brits and europeans. They fully embrace sponsorship of the top shooter, while we quite frankly piss around on the edges.

On this alone I foresee America being the dominant player in shooting for many years to come. Whilst we will have individual success such as Sam Green at the world fitasc, our teams will lag far, far behind.

Good read. Especially enjoyed the article regarding  The Instinctive Shooting Myth. 

I though the arguments were good, well reasoned but ultimately not sure I agree. 

The premise is that instinct is something we cannot control. We cannot chose to not do something eg blink. The alternative view offered was that the idea of ‘instinctive shooting’ is based on practice to the point where the action is autonomous. Much like when you learn to drive a car, initially it’s all a bit fingers and feet fumbling and eventually you drive without much conscious effort.

All that I agree with, but I am so new to shooting, I wonder how can I shoot successfully with little practice (still under 500 cartridges) and I do not think about lead, when to pull the trigger etc. When I think only about the clay, it seems I’m guaranteed to hit the clay, whilst when I think about anything else I more often than not miss.  

Im really enjoying learning about the human-tool-target interaction. Fascinating 

Back