What's On This Weekend?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martinj

Things are looking a bit sparse, this weekend so I might have to travel a bit further than normal, any suggestions?

Thanks for the info about Longridge but that would add another 70 or so miles, we went to Urchfont, in the vale of Pewsey, between widdington and Gunsite.

Not a bad shoot, nestling on the side of a Wiltshire hillside with good use of the high ground on one or two stands. Unfortunately they were a couple of trappers down so we scored for others then they scored for us. Not ideal but we were doing birds only and no harm done. There was one breakdown and one flat battery, probably average on delays. My mate and I shot badly compared to our averages but scored within a point of each other, not unusual on a strange (to us) shoot. Verdict - enjoyable shoot, worth a visit.

Oh yes, there was a bit of a walk down hill and what seemed a longer one uphill. We thought ahead and left half our ammo in the car.

Apparently the Wiltshire police came out to investigate a report of someone from the shoot riding an unlicensed quad bike across the road (on Salisbury plain), must have made their day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bisley shooting ground, Cottesloe Heath - If anyone is looking for a change; try this on Sunday the 16th. (non reg,) 100 birder, FIBRE ONLY, ammo available at reception, last cards 11:00am

https://www.bisleyshooting.co.uk/event/bisley-monthly-club-shoot-100-bird-day-12/

Check in at the club house, to the right as you exit William Evans

keep an eye on the weather

Pleasant heathland/woodland shoot, I'm not associated with the club in any way

Last edited by a moderator:
Bisley shooting ground, Cottesloe Heath - If anyone is looking for a change; try this on Sunday the 16th. (non reg,) 100 birder, FIBRE ONLY, ammo available at reception, last cards 11:00am

https://www.bisleyshooting.co.uk/event/bisley-monthly-club-shoot-100-bird-day-12/

Check in at the club house, to the right as you exit William Evans

keep an eye on the weather

Pleasant heathland/woodland shoot, I'm not associated with the club in any way
If I were shooting that would sound quite nice.  I like Bisley.  See a few are already cancelling ahead of Dennis arriving,

If I were shooting that would sound quite nice.  I like Bisley.  See a few are already cancelling ahead of Dennis arriving,
This weekend is a total forget-it. Otherwise I wish Bisley would do a proper reg shoot. Such a wasted ground. I'm sure they don't realise that they could get 200 entries if done well.

Back