New Beretta 694

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antse7en

https://www.gmk.co.uk › product › 694

Anybody planning on trying one out? 

Not sure they're in the country yet, outside of the press/test event they held. 

I know GMK are already offering them as I was chatting with my local RFD earlier today who'd had a call from Josh.

Looks really good IMO, nice clean design. Means little to me compared to how it handles though! 

Probably the gun that the 692, should have been!
If they've scrapped the badly flawed and stupid selectable ejectors that no one ever wanted, lightened the trigger pulls by about 5lbs and reverted to 2 screws to hold the action together then maybe it can be a contender in the £3K price segment. Certainly the 692 has been a sales disaster by Beretta standards.

What does this mean.

"The stock now blends seamlessly into the shoulder of the action to improve peripheral vision."

Can a gun improve your peripheral vision???

• Haha
Reactions: PKB
Ugly. Beretta's design is getting worse and worse with every new model they are putting out. What happened to gracious lines of DT10 and Silver Pigeon?

Ugly. Beretta's design is getting worse and worse with every new model they are putting out. What happened to gracious lines of DT10 and Silver Pigeon?
What makes you say that? Personally, not a Beretta man and I think with this they're copying the 725 action lines a little too much for originality but apart from that...

What makes you say that? Personally, not a Beretta man and I think with this they're copying the 725 action lines a little too much for originality but apart from that...
Well, I am not a Beretta man either but, from pure esthetics stand point, the main line on the receiver does not make sense: it does not conform to any circular or semi-circular shape and therefore visually clashes with the hinge pin. I am also not a fan of those blue lines (same goes for DT11):

Contrary, the DT10 was very well sculpted receiver, emphasizing the traditional Italian lines:

wm_4020300.jpg

It's surely a subjective assessment but... this is an opinion forum ;)  

Last edited by a moderator:
Beretta are creeping to a more 725 profiled action with this, bit more rectangular than rounded, the peripheral vision thing comes from the 725 at well with the two slices out of the shoulders of the stock near the top lever. Not sure on the cynergy styling but doesn't look bad to be fair, definitely an improvement. Will be interesting to see of there is a black or scroll version to come out as well. 

If they have fixed the previous ejector problem , changed the grip and got the balance/weight right ..who knows ,but there again depends how they price it, dont think I will be parting with my old miroku somehow🙂

Beretta are creeping to a more 725 profiled action with this, bit more rectangular than rounded, the peripheral vision thing comes from the 725 at well with the two slices out of the shoulders of the stock near the top lever. Not sure on the cynergy styling but doesn't look bad to be fair, definitely an improvement. Will be interesting to see of there is a black or scroll version to come out as well. 
...and speaking of Beretta - the one on your photo is a superbly looking gun!

I like it.  😁😁😁  

Would like to see one with the DT11 Black finish. 

I hope they have opened up the grip area. Standard Beretta guns have always been a bit   tight. If it's more like a Browning it would be a good move in my opinion. 

A good stock design for the average build person in the country they are being sold  is essential for an off the shelf gun.

Beretta 680,690 guns for me have fallen short in this area. 

For hhe UK,: Browning have good stock shapes. CG probably have the best. IMO

At first glance I quite like the look of it too.

However I have never owned a Beretta as their sporter and game stocks  don't fit me -  so unless the stock shapes change fairly radically I won't be trying one anytime soon...….

Read on the beretta website that 2 sporter stock dimensions are being produced, 35-50 fixed comb, 35-55 fixed or adjustable. God knows which ones gmk will be importing! 

Beretta usually say that and then the UK guys import the one with the most drop...….

Back