yildiz pro black ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

anyone shoot a yildiz pro black ?     they look the business   do they do the business   ?   weight and recoil a concern ?  

I had 25 shots with a demo gun that had an adjustable comb. The wood and fit and finish was unbelievable for what they are charging. The trigger pulls were crisp and the weight at a guess was probably 8 pound plus. It handled beautifully and with the comb set up for me the recoil was negligible, I generally don't feel recoil so you would have to find out for yourself. Overall it was quite impressive.

Same here, put 75 carts through one, fixed comb. Must say was amazed at the quality of the gun considering its priced at about £1500! Excellent wood, which comes as standard. Wood to metal fit again excellent. It handled very well and was nicely balanced, maybe a tab towards the barrel, which is how I like a gun.Stock shape not quite right for me, but the adjustable model is only few hundred extra. It’s obviously a copy of a Perazzi, even the design around the hinge pin was the same as a MX8. Had a real solid feel when locking up. As mentioned considering the price in my humble opinion it’s a hell of a lot of gun for the money.

Same here, put 75 carts through one, fixed comb. Must say was amazed at the quality of the gun considering its priced at about £1500! Excellent wood, which comes as standard. Wood to metal fit again excellent. It handled very well and was nicely balanced, maybe a tab towards the barrel, which is how I like a gun.Stock shape not quite right for me, but the adjustable model is only few hundred extra. It’s obviously a copy of a Perazzi, even the design around the hinge pin was the same as a MX8. Had a real solid feel when locking up. As mentioned considering the price in my humble opinion it’s a hell of a lot of gun for the money.
at the guns price point  all things considered   it   puts the cat among the pigeons  regarding the established big brands  !!!

at the guns price point  all things considered   it   puts the cat among the pigeons  regarding the established big brands  !!!
Know very little about yildiz apart from being turkish, but Like anything though, some people won't look past the name and what they know.

2008 bought a top of the line skoda Octavia and got stick off a couple of vw/Audi mates... until it started winning all the awards and I told them it was the same car but without recaro seats and bbs alloys and cost 10k less! 😆

The difference is when you come to move it on where you will get approx 2/3 back on a top name gun your likely to loose 2/3 on a Turkish gun 
Yup, from the little I know, I'd agree with that... it's what I've been told all along and partially why I ended up buying my second hand, sub £1k 525 over an ATA (although that is only the difference of about £200, not thousands... and that I don't like the skinny feel of a beretta and the ATA is effectively a direct copy!).

As above though, times might change and it might hold value like the main players,... but who's got a crystal ball?

Know very little about yildiz apart from being turkish, but Like anything though, some people won't look past the name and what they know.

2008 bought a top of the line skoda Octavia and got stick off a couple of vw/Audi mates... until it started winning all the awards and I told them it was the same car but without recaro seats and bbs alloys and cost 10k less! 😆
I’ve just borrowed my girlfriends Skoda Yeti while my Volvo is in the garage. I don’t think she’ll be getting it back! It’s only got a 1.2Ltr petrol but it’s a lively as squirrel. Her lease runs out next May and we’ve been looking at something bigger. The Skoda Kodiak is definitely top of the list right now. The value for money is very compelling.The Landrover Discovery Sport may have kerbside kudos, yet it’s twice the money but not twice the car IMO.

Back to topic - There was a time when Beretta was seen as a cheap Italian import and Browning were considered to be something of a working mans gun. Similarly with Miroku, but I’d take any one of those brands over a Purdey on practical grounds (though I confess the idea of a Purdey makes me weak at the knees. . . Never mind the fact I’d have to sell a kidney and a few of my children to get one)

I’d wager Yildiz, ATA, Kofs et.al will in time become very respectable, well made guns that win the occasional event, much like Skoda did in rallying and look what that did for their brand

Last edited by a moderator:
Those Yildiz Pro guns go for $4,000 US street price here (to the extent any have sold).  You guys are getting them way cheaper than over here!

• Sad
Reactions: PKB
well I bit the bullet and ordered a yildiz  pro black 32"  adj comb with  grade 5 Turkish  walnut    from simon hadfield    ( lakeside shooting )      cheers thanks . 

well I bit the bullet and ordered a yildiz  pro black 32"  adj comb with  grade 5 Turkish  walnut    from simon hadfield    ( lakeside shooting )      cheers thanks . 
It will be interesting to hear your views after a few thousand cartridges . Out of interest , (and of course if you don’t mind telling us ) , what is the actual price for the Yildiz  ?  I saw one at the Northern Shooting Show In Harrogate earlier this year and it certainly looked and felt like a quality piece of kit . 

The difference is when you come to move it on where you will get approx 2/3 back on a top name gun your likely to loose 2/3 on a Turkish gun 
A new gun at half the cost of a main brand is tempting though, If the quality is there.

I took the chance and purchased a Summit Ascent, (did have a shoot of one before mind you) even though there's probably not the resale value of my Beretta.

But when I look at the Summit the build quality is far better than the Beretta imho, and the triggers their in another league on the Summit

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be interesting to hear your views after a few thousand cartridges . Out of interest , (and of course if you don’t mind telling us ) , what is the actual price for the Yildiz  ?  I saw one at the Northern Shooting Show In Harrogate earlier this year and it certainly looked and felt like a quality piece of kit . 
I am only a average shot  so not expecting  to suddenly  challenge mr digweed !    lakeside have a yildiz pro black 30"  adj comb  in the shop £ 1795   grade 4 wood    metal to metal  , wood to metal  fit   superb !     so  its approximately  £ 100  extra for grade 5 timber    simon hadfield  prices  look reasonable to me ,  he has always  treated me  ok   ,   I speak as I find .   also I emailed raytrade  of Hampshire  yildiz importers  they are sending photos of  stocks   , they replied  very quickly  , superb service  I thought !     be about 4 weeks    im told . 

went to lakeside shooting today   (  simon hadfield  )      I handled the yildiz pro black adj 30"    brand new so could not shoot it  ,     mmmm    I felt the comb was thin  and  I did not like the thin 7mm   rib      looked like 5mm   to me  !       anyway simon  told me he has ordered me the 32"  with grade 5 timber ,   and said  no obligation to buy !   have a look and decide ,  decent of him     cheers mate  will do .

I handled one at the local gun shop last week and was hard pushed to believe it was not a Perazzi. The quality of the finish to the barrels was outstanding and the wood/metal fit superb, it was the non-adjustable and at £1500 was a bargain. I would welcome the chance to shoot one, but the one niggling factor would have to be the second hand value. I have had 2 Yildiz guns in 20 and 28 bores which gave faultless service,  until I ceased doing Instruction work and sold them on. As I had purchased them both at the right price, I lost very little on one and made a small profit on the other. Maybe in 12 months time, if I drop on a used version at the right money, maybe I could be tempted.

I handled one at the local gun shop last week and was hard pushed to believe it was not a Perazzi. The quality of the finish to the barrels was outstanding and the wood/metal fit superb, it was the non-adjustable and at £1500 was a bargain. I would welcome the chance to shoot one, but the one niggling factor would have to be the second hand value. I have had 2 Yildiz guns in 20 and 28 bores which gave faultless service,  until I ceased doing Instruction work and sold them on. As I had purchased them both at the right price, I lost very little on one and made a small profit on the other. Maybe in 12 months time, if I drop on a used version at the right money, maybe I could be tempted.
I bought a yildiz pro black r/h 32" adj  had the upgrade wood ( 5)    have to say its a perazzi clone  and is steel proofed      its a stunning gun ,  shot it a few times  shot borders wood Friday  fibre wads only  finished on 86  steady round though to be fair ,      but still miss my 525 sl  would not have changed if it was 32"    pity I cant do pictures on here the gun is so pretty ! 

Back