Pattern plate & recoil.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam17

Heya all. 

So the other week I had my first go at a pattern plate. 

I took 2 shots at 15m, 2 shots at 20, and another 2 at 25... Yes I know I should of used a new pattern plate at each distance, but funds are tight.. And paying for cardboard isn't cool when tonnes of it go in the bin at work, so I'll take some with me next time 😁

Very happy with my £200 'unfitted' Rizzini. Shooting mostly Central, with a tiny upper left prominence. 

The pictures shown after all 6 shots. 

Is it me, or is the feeling real? Whilst shooting at the pattern plate, it truly felt that the recoil of the shots were stronger, than to when I'm shooting clays... I was using the same Superfast shells. 

What's people's thoughts on the matter? 

IMG_20190826_144043_5.jpg

IMG_20190826_144047_6.jpg

Recoil is the same - the difference is perceived recoil when shooting non moving gun at static "dead" target and shooting with moving gun at moving "live" target.

Recoil is the same - the difference is perceived recoil when shooting non moving gun at static "dead" target and shooting with moving gun at moving "live" target.
I understand that the recoil isn't factually more, but yes, the perceived recoil was a massive difference. I was shocked to 'feel' such a difference.

How did you shoot at the plate ?

Gun down , or gun in the shoulder ? That’s going to have an impact on the perceived recoil . If you “ rifled “ it from your shoulder you might as per FreeShot’s advice feel more perceived recoil than using a fluid gun mount . 

How did you shoot at the plate ?

Gun down , or gun in the shoulder ? That’s going to have an impact on the perceived recoil . If you “ rifled “ it from your shoulder you might as per FreeShot’s advice feel more perceived recoil than using a fluid gun mount . 
Ah OK, I shot gun in shoulder. 

Just took me a bit by surprise.. 

Latest posts

Back