Beretta DT11 info

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK421

I’ve been trying to find out details on the model revisions and changes for the DT11 since it’s launch in order to better understand the available models and their differences, changes etc I know from research many shooters didn’t get on well with the early DT11 due to weight, hence the revised edition, or as some call it a gen 2 version  

Im also aware that at some point in 2015 beretta lightened the barrels and made some changes to the stock dimensions? But again can find no definitive written content regarding this, the various weights for sporting barrels. I’m also aware from researching that all this happened from a certain serial number onwards? Again no definite information on this. 

then we have the introduction of the B Fast models,  stock weights,  barrel weights.  Variations on included chokes ? Etc..

can anyone help help build a better picture of the DT11 history or point me in the direction of where this can be found.

thanks in advance guys as always appreciate your help on this.

as you were 😉

I have two. Both 2015. Both gen 2. The serial numbers are very close too. I'll put the serial numbers and barrel weights  up if it helps. Both have stock weight system. 

They are beautiful balanced tools. My only gripe is the blue paint on the action is carp. 

Jasper.

can anyone help help build a better picture of the DT11 history or point me in the direction of where this can be found.
Your problem with this is that Beretta doesn't publish anything about changes, particular ones related to problems and negative feedback. They just feed in updates, unannounced and under the radar. With the 692 for example, they've still not commented on the numerous changes to the 692 ejectors or the falling apart problems. Consequently if you buy a used one, there's no way of knowing which revision of ejectors or tang screw it's got other than by taking it apart for inspection/comparison.

Probably the best source of information would be a large Beretta dealer such as Greenfield's in Salisbury.

I have two. Both 2015. Both gen 2. The serial numbers are very close too. I'll put the serial numbers and barrel weights  up if it helps. Both have stock weight system. 

They are beautiful balanced tools. My only gripe is the blue paint on the action is carp. 

Jasper.
Thanks for the reply jasper, this would be a great help, plus if we have more members doing this could provide a valuable resource for others looking for similar info. 

I'll put em on tomorrow. Along with bore sizes??

Jasper

As promised. Serial nums 07589. And 07607. Both are sporters with normal sporting forends. Both 32" barrels. Both date code cn. 2015. Both have aftermarket comb adjusters.  Both have barrel weights as stamped at 1550 grms. As far as I know the gen 1 were well into the 1650+ grms.

Now the bore size bit is interesting. Both stamped at 18.5mm hp tapered. Now for those who are still in Imperial the nominal for 12 gauge is .729inch . 18.5mm = .728inch.  So what's going on here as the Dt is supposed to be massively overbored.

NB.  this has not been properly measured with gauges it's only what stamped on barrels. 

Anyhow whatever, it is what it is. All I know is it smashes any target anywhere. Without the need to resort to much more than 1/2 choke. And some fblus.  

Jasper 

As promised. Serial nums 07589. And 07607. Both are sporters with normal sporting forends. Both 32" barrels. Both date code cn. 2015. Both have aftermarket comb adjusters.  Both have barrel weights as stamped at 1550 grms. As far as I know the gen 1 were well into the 1650+ grms.

Now the bore size bit is interesting. Both stamped at 18.5mm hp tapered. Now for those who are still in Imperial the nominal for 12 gauge is .729inch . 18.5mm = .728inch.  So what's going on here as the Dt is supposed to be massively overbored.

NB.  this has not been properly measured with gauges it's only what stamped on barrels. 

Anyhow whatever, it is what it is. All I know is it smashes any target anywhere. Without the need to resort to much more than 1/2 choke. And some fblus.  

Jasper 
This is great info Jasper, many thanks for taking the time to post this. I’m beginning to see a massive difference in serial numbers for 2015, from circa 7500 - 9500+ as well, which I find a little odd. How does the date stamp/proofing work. Is it like a pre registered car? Do they have unstamped barrels waiting to be stamped up? Or is it they have barrels ready to go from say 2014, then when they are sold get stamped up with the year they are sold, as the serial numbers don’t really seem to match the timeline ?

the plot thickens

Well 7500 to 9500 is only 2000 units WORLDWIDE. For one year. Not alot when you think about it.  Including different variations. Remember also that L and EELL,  all target ,etc  followed  much later .

I would say the date code is the year of manufacture. Regardless of whether its sold or not. You want traceability if things go wrong. 

It's an expensive game to have stock lying around. 

Jasper.

Well 7500 to 9500 is only 2000 units WORLDWIDE. For one year. Not alot when you think about it.  Including different variations. Remember also that L and EELL,  all target ,etc  followed  much later .

I would say the date code is the year of manufacture. Regardless of whether its sold or not. You want traceability if things go wrong. 

It's an expensive game to have stock lying around. 

Jasper.
Still a little high for DT11 sales I reckon, put it another way, hard, crude and fast figures, Dt11 launched 2012, presumably starting at serial number 1, 3 years sales, as above with average 2000 per year,  year 3 would be sn 4000-6000. I know this is a very rough guide, but you get my point about inconsistency with serial numbers on these DT11’s. 

Also Just to add to the DT11 Data, I’ve seen a sporting 30” CN 2015, SN 9600 1.490g barrels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the info on my DT11, Purchased new in the UK Nov 2016.

Tulip/Schanbel forend, B fast stock weights, 30" sporter, barrel weight 1.51kg,  18.6 Taper bores, Date code CN (2015) serial number 9546.

David

As above, the serial no may give a vague idea but if you want to know more accurately, all Italian guns have a 2 letter year of proof code stamped on the barrels.
CN Which is 2015? This what you’re referring to westward? 

Yep.

beretta-date_orig.jpg

CN Which is 2015? This what you’re referring to westward? 
The date code is when the barrel is made. Proofing may take place months later, the receiver serial number is stamped on the barrel, when they are mated with the receiver.

No. To be pedantic, the date code is stamped by the Italian proof house, a branch of which is based in the Beretta factory. The original manufacturer's table of date codes specifically states "Year of Proof".

Right now I don't have time to find it but it's out there somewhere.

No. To be pedantic, the date code is stamped by the Italian proof house, a branch of which is based in the Beretta factory. The original manufacturer's table of date codes specifically states "Year of Proof".

Right now I don't have time to find it but it's out there somewhere.
You beat me to it. Was just typing the exact same reply.. date stamped when proofed.

Mine is a 2017 30"B-Fast Sporter. Barrels stamps in pic. 

IMG_0238.jpeg

Back