Beretta 687 Game Question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod M

Hi All,

I'm doing my first game shoot in December, so have been practicing on the clays with my wife's 687 game as my mk38 is too heavy to use for walk-up.

Just wondering if anyone could shed a bit of light on what the "L" engraved on the trigger guard stands for. I've read claims for both Lightweight and Lusso (luxury). I don't have the gun in front of me to provide photos or further exact details, but it has gun dogs engraved in place of the usual game birds on the action. It has fixed choke (1/2 and 1/4),28" barrels and iirc was made in the mid-late 80s.

Many Thanks

Hi All,

I'm doing my first game shoot in December, so have been practicing on the clays with my wife's 687 game as my mk38 is too heavy to use for walk-up.

Just wondering if anyone could shed a bit of light on what the "L" engraved on the trigger guard stands for. I've read claims for both Lightweight and Lusso (luxury). I don't have the gun in front of me to provide photos or further exact details, but it has gun dogs engraved in place of the usual game birds on the action. It has fixed choke (1/2 and 1/4),28" barrels and iirc was made in the mid-late 80s.

Many Thanks
The L stands for lusso (luxury) EL extra lusso. Then you have EELL extra extra lusso lusso

The L stands for lusso (luxury) EL extra lusso. Then you have EELL extra extra lusso lusso
Yes, Mrs H has a EELL. Typical lady.. spotted the nice one in the rack in the shop.. Although that was a long time ago and they were half the price then. Been a great gun actually.

Reactions: ips
Yes, Mrs H has a EELL. Typical lady.. spotted the nice one in the rack in the shop.. Although that was a long time ago and they were half the price then. Been a great gun actually.
Will, as you know i am a Beretta man but i hated my 687 eell, the DT10 eell i still love however i very very rarely use it these days.

May i ask what do you use instead?
Hi.

I have retired from trap shooting after over 30yrs competing. I now only shoot game and pigeon etc. I use a SxS for game and a winchester pump for pigeon. I have a lincoln OU as a spare and my DT10eell is just sat there

Latest posts

Back