Caesar Guerini Guns; - Opinions?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordieboy

So then, Seen a Guerini Maxum which was a trap gun and I picked it up and it fitted me a right treat.  Does anybody shoot one?  What sort of reliability do they have?  How good are they and do they pattern well?

Thoughts, Opinions are welcome.

Had 2 CG's, Summit ascent and the Invictus ascent. Both great guns and never had any issues with either of them. I was talking to Kevin Gill a couple of weeks ago at Owls lodge, their next offering coming to market is the 'M' spec with the adjustable DTS monte carlo stock.

Cheers for that.  I'm sort of 'thinking' about a sideplate trappy type gun to use for game.  The one I picked up at the weekend at 8.5lbs would have worked a treat.  I didn't shoot it however, and thats where the secret lies.....

I've had a Challenger for 3½ years and nothing has failed. I quite fancy an Invictus III but despite having tried virtually everything else I've no desire at all for any other make of mid market gun.

Even though the action is a variant of the Italian standard Rizzini design, IMO the fit, finish and build quality are unmatched in any gun from any maker at the Summit through to Maxum price levels.

All the original range from Summit to Forum use the same action regardless of bling level and all are very smooth to shoot with good handling and very nice clean, light trigger pulls. They really do make most of the competitive guns feel pretty agricultural in comparison. As for the patterns, the supplied Maxis competition chokes are so good that very few CG owners seem to fit aftermarket chokes.

I've had a Challenger for 3½ years and nothing has failed. I quite fancy an Invictus III but despite having tried virtually everything else I've no desire at all for any other make of mid market gun.

Even though the action is a variant of the Italian standard Rizzini design, IMO the fit, finish and build quality are unmatched in any gun from any maker at the Summit through to Maxum price levels.

All the original range from Summit to Forum use the same action regardless of bling level and all are very smooth to shoot with good handling and very nice clean, light trigger pulls. They really do make most of the competitive guns feel pretty agricultural in comparison. As for the patterns, the supplied Maxis competition chokes are so good that very few CG owners seem to fit aftermarket chokes.
Cheers Westward.  I'm shooting a Browning Pro-Trap very well at present and that is now my go to Clay gun, but I still shoot a trap gun better than a sporter (I like a flat comb).  The Guerini would seem like a pretty enough gun to take on a game shoot

I had CGs for years  

Two Summits and an Ellipse 

all Ascent barrels Cracking guns with service that many manufacturers would should attain too provide

I had CGs for years  

Two Summits and an Ellipse 

all Ascent barrels Cracking guns with service that many manufacturers would should attain too provide
Cheers Jeremy,

The invictus 3 and 7 seem like robust specimens with enough bling to take on a pheasant shoot.  I don't want a game gun, I want a Sporting gun to shoot game with.  Preferably with a trap stock!

There was an exceedingly nice Invictus III in Southdown's gun shop for £4200 brand new and unfired, retail about a grand more I believe for this particular model with multi chokes and extra engraving, it won't be there long. 

There was an exceedingly nice Invictus III in Southdown's gun shop for £4200 brand new and unfired, retail about a grand more I believe for this particular model with multi chokes and extra engraving, it won't be there long. 
Cheers for that.  It'd be a 32" for me everyday.  I checked the Guerini website and it states their stock dimensions as 37mm/57mm.  Typically, this is similar to Berettas and that is too low for me.  I need a flat 35mm/35mm trap stock.  I will however, call Anglo Italian Arms and see what stocks they have.  If they have a trap stock then it will be worth taking a look!

Cheers for that.  It'd be a 32" for me everyday.  I checked the Guerini website and it states their stock dimensions as 37mm/57mm.  Typically, this is similar to Berettas and that is too low for me.  I need a flat 35mm/35mm trap stock.  I will however, call Anglo Italian Arms and see what stocks they have.  If they have a trap stock then it will be worth taking a look!
Good luck with that, I tried for weeks to get them to take my money to no avail. CG have a well deserved reputation for customer service and mending guns but trying to get them to understand I wanted a Trap stock on a low rib Invictus was painful, I gave up. 

Good luck with that, I tried for weeks to get them to take my money to no avail. CG have a well deserved reputation for customer service and mending guns but trying to get them to understand I wanted a Trap stock on a low rib Invictus was painful, I gave up. 
Cheers for that Hamster.  They are only 14 miles away from where I work currently.  I'll call them, and go and see them.  A face to face is always good to get a clear point across.  E-mails, Texts and chats can all be ignored.  A jolly Geordie stood in front of you with determined  enthusiasm, definitley cannot!!!!!!

Cheers for that Hamster.  They are only 14 miles away from where I work currently.  I'll call them, and go and see them.  A face to face is always good to get a clear point across.  E-mails, Texts and chats can all be ignored.  A jolly Geordie stood in front of you with determined  enthusiasm, definitley cannot!!!!!!
No coded messages or e-mails, I had several 10+ minute phone conversations with different people, each denied having heard of the request and one stated they did not do a Trap stock gun period. Hard to believe I know. 

No coded messages or e-mails, I had several 10+ minute phone conversations with different people, each denied having heard of the request and one stated they did not do a Trap stock gun period. Hard to believe I know. 
Alistair is the man to speak to he generally gets stuff done. 

Back