Custom Fit Guards versus Vario versus Cens

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lloyd

Has anyone had any experience with Custom Fit Guards CF Digital

After reading about some experiences of delivery, reliability, customer service issues with CENS/Puretone, I've decided to cancel my moulding appointment.

The Custom Fit Guards are quite a bit cheaper at £365 which includes the cost of the mould and the company is a 45 minute drive from my home.

One possible upside, apart from the price that I can see is these are perhaps better in the rain due to their construction (the electronics are fully embedded in the silicone)

The downside is they only come with a one year warranty. Both CENS and Vario have a two year warranty, but are  considerably more expensive.

Anyone had good or bad experiences with Vario?

Thank you in advance for your comments

Thanks for the heads up about this company, I've been looking for another set of plugs, I've use emtec but they don't have a electrionc version.

They are quite a bit cheaper than the other two but why offer only a one year warranty when you rivals offer a two, although at a cost increase

Edit, just been looking at these and can't understand why they coat the whole ear plug with an acylic finish when all  the others I've looked at don't. I would be worried about that finish cracking on something so flexable in the long run

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to go with Emtec filtered in the end. No water issues. Simple, effective, durable and inexpensive which makes any mistake more palatable.

As I don’t do game shoots I don’t need a lot of different modes, but I do need to hear my instructor. I can use a solid type and/or over ear if I ever need total silence.

I have a set of Emtec for Target shooting and have tried to use them for clays but they tend to mute to much for me.

I’ve had a pair of Emtec for many years . They are a quality product , work , very comfortable and easy to clean . You won’t go far wrong with them and you will hear your instructor  . One of the  major benefits of them is they will never impinge on  your gun mount. 

I also use over the ear electronic muffs a lot these days  MSA Sordin Pro X , they will also amplify. If you ever find yourself needing a pair of “ cans” they are highly recommended.

The choice of which I use , or both together pretty much depends on what I’m doing , but I’ve shot  both clays and game with the Emtecs

Latest posts

Back