Fiocchi FBlacks 28g 8s

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antse7en

So, having shot Velocity+ 28g in 8s (P) for ages (with a very good deal I should add) I tried out the Fiocchi FBlack in 28g UK 8s (P).

I have to say I absolutely love them. Had a chat with @Will Hewland yesterday at Owls and touched upon the previous patterning discussions (potential for dense centre, less so around the middle) but the difference in breaks through my MK38 3/8 & 5/8 compared to the Velocity shells was startling. Close, at range - it led to a reg PB for me in fact.

I'm going to pick up a 1000 and see how it goes over the next couple of weeks - but welcome any thoughts from current/previous users. 

Also, should you know where to head for a good deal on these in the South please let me know. I've found them for £220 so far.

Cheers!

So, having shot Velocity+ 28g in 8s (P) for ages (with a very good deal I should add) I tried out the Fiocchi FBlack in 28g UK 8s (P).

I have to say I absolutely love them. Had a chat with @Will Hewland yesterday at Owls and touched upon the previous patterning discussions (potential for dense centre, less so around the middle) but the difference in breaks through my MK38 3/8 & 5/8 compared to the Velocity shells was startling. Close, at range - it led to a reg PB for me in fact.

I'm going to pick up a 1000 and see how it goes over the next couple of weeks - but welcome any thoughts from current/previous users. 

Also, should you know where to head for a good deal on these in the South please let me know. I've found them for £220 so far.

Cheers!
I tried them years ago and found them loud and punchy. But i also tried some on a pool shoot a year ago and they seemed nicer. Maybe they've been developed a bit. Anyway, its great to find a cartridge you have confidence in, whatever it is.

That seems to be the going rate for them around here.  £220 at Sussex Guns, Battle.

I remember having a few thousand of them when I ran a shoot.  I absolutely smoked some clays with them.

My local ground is selling Cheddite cartiridges.  We don't seem to see many of those round here.  On sunday I was breaking a monster of a crosser with them.  most impressive.  Shame I couldn't hit a barn door on the rest of the course .

Last edited by a moderator:
I shoot Fblacks, after being introduced to them when I first started shooting 3 years ago.

Now my coach, and most of my mates use them. Gentle on the shoulder but brutal on clays.

I use the 7.5s for edge on stuff at a distance. ie DTL second barrel.

Love the fblack but now too much cash. So I shoot the fblu. Which is probably the value cartridge out there at the mo. They are smooth enough for Mrs Jasper to use but still devastating on clays. They have all the right bits and 5% antimony shot. The fblacks maybe a touch smoother.  Fblu well below £200 around here and imo as good as fblack. Only available in Italian 7.5. 

Jasper.

Love the fblack but now too much cash. So I shoot the fblu. Which is probably the value cartridge out there at the mo. They are smooth enough for Mrs Jasper to use but still devastating on clays. They have all the right bits and 5% antimony shot. The fblacks maybe a touch smoother.  Fblu well below £200 around here and imo as good as fblack. Only available in Italian 7.5. 

Jasper.
Interesting might give those a go, thanks.

What I could do is continue to shoot my practice with the GB velocity and use FBlack in comps. Keeps the cost down.

Any thoughts on that?

I'm a big fan of the fBlacks. Been shooting the fibre version on and off since I started shooting a couple of years ago.

I've been using TTOnes recently and fBlacks for longer stuff as they give me more confidence and better breaks.

Going forward, I might just stick with fBlacks. For £20 more per thousand it isn't too much more money, but worth noting I don't shoot huge volumes.

EDIT: I also have a mk38, so seems they work well through that gun. Use 1/2 and 1/4 choke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year I was at Lonato and  I bought 2000 Clever grand Italia T3 and 1000 Fiocchi FBlack ... still have 750 FBlack, Clever are much better in my opinion. Going there in two weeks time will bring back only Clever this time.

yes I like f blacks    shot them for a while      but have settled on eley superbs    cracking shell   ,   shoot the same shell practice and comps   its false economy  not too   , over a year  its  not life changing money !! :logik:

Back