Old Cartridges - looking for info.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam17

Hi All.

Im looking for info (date made, worth keeping or not, etc) - either on the cartridges below, or websites where i can get info..
Im newish to shoting and got given these by the chap that i bought my gun off of. 
Im going to start my Google searches after posting, but thought i share on social media first.

I have the following......

Holland & Holland - Special, shot size 6 - smokeless - paper cartridge
Eley - Grand Prix, shot size 5 - smokeless - stamped KYNOCH on the Brass - paper cartridge.
Eley - Hi Flyer, shot size 6
NIKE - Tracer, shot size 7, stamped- made in hungry on the brass
Hull - sportage, V12, shot size 8 28g
Hull - Specially loaded for A.T.Oliver & SONS, shot size 7 30g
L-Express - Super Game, shot size 7 28g
Gamebore - Super Trap, shot size 7 32g
Gamebore - Super Game, shot size 7 28g
Gamebore - Clear Winner, shot size 7.5 28g stamped GORDON SYSTEM on the brass base
Rio - 20 Super Game Caza, shot size 6 32g

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and i look forward to reading any comments.

IMG_5912.JPG

IMG_5911.JPG

IMG_5910.JPG

IMG_5907.JPG

IMG_5901.JPG

IMG_5904.JPG

IMG_5906.JPG

IMG_5903.JPG

IMG_5902.JPG

IMG_5908.JPG

IMG_5905.JPG

IMG_5909.JPG

I would keep the 2 Holland's and shoot the rest. Do ENSURE that you keep the 2 20 bores AWAY from your 12 bore stuff and your shooting clothing (unless you have a 20 bore gun, of course).

I would keep the 2 Holland's and shoot the rest. Do ENSURE that you keep the 2 20 bores AWAY from your 12 bore stuff and your shooting clothing (unless you have a 20 bore gun, of course).
None of them are 20b...? but your not the first to say this... I post on FB and someone said the same thing ..

Thanks for the concern though, appreciate it.

As westley said with the 2 holland and holland the tracer and the one with the faded oliver name on maybe of interest to cartridge collectors 

None of them are 20b...? but your not the first to say this... I post on FB and someone said the same thing ..

Thanks for the concern though, appreciate it.
No problem, I just presumed that the 'Rio 20' was a 20 bore. 

Shoot em all except the rare ones, no point in keeping them have some fun!

If I am ever given the chance to go game shooting, I certainly shall. 

But most these loads are too large for the clay ground.. 

Back