Kent / Canterbury

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midlife

Hi Folks

I am visiting my family near Hythe in Kent from this Friday to Tuesday next week and was keen to get out and do some shooting. I believe Greenfields is not far away in Sturry, Is there anywhere else nearby to explore?

I currently live in the North East and prefer Sporting but happy to have a go at most disciplines

Also, If anyone local is shooting and would let me tag on for an hour or so I would be very grateful

thanks in advance

Rob

Willow Farm, Tenterden isn't a million miles away.  100 bird sporting comp on Sunday mornings and a 25 bird compact layout.  Rest of the time they have 7 sporting stands, compact and skeet available.

West Kent Shooting School near Paddock Wood is open weekdays.  Claymate system and a wide range of stands / targets (they don't change them so a bit boring to go to regularly).

Quite a few around Dartford.  Dartford Clay Shooting Club has several skeet ranges, ABT, DTL, sporting and compact.  There is also JJs (never been so can't say what it's like) and another one at Hawley (again, never been).

Thanks Bebo

Looked on their website and Willow Farm is only 20 miles from them as is Greenfields, Will try to get to both over the few days

Rob

No worries.  They have a claymate system for the sporting at Willow Farm.  If you do the compact or skeet, they'll usually have someone available to button for you.  Not sure what our plans are for the weekend yet, but we're usually their on Saturday mornings. I know I won't be there on Sunday as I'm supposed to be shooting DTL at Bisley.

You can also consider the shooting ground at Deal.  Under an hour from Tentederden and half an hour or so from Canterbury.  Very good pub nearby and a golf course if that is your thing.  

No worries.  They have a claymate system for the sporting at Willow Farm.  If you do the compact or skeet, they'll usually have someone available to button for you.  Not sure what our plans are for the weekend yet, but we're usually their on Saturday mornings. I know I won't be there on Sunday as I'm supposed to be shooting DTL at Bisley.
Hi Bebo

I took your advice and had a good morning at Willow Farm. I got there first thing and was about finished when I saw two ladies with a couple of chaps... were you one of them?

I am going back tomorrow for the competition as I enjoyed it so much.

once again thanks for the tip.

Rob

Hi Bebo

I took your advice and had a good morning at Willow Farm. I got there first thing and was about finished when I saw two ladies with a couple of chaps... were you one of them?

I am going back tomorrow for the competition as I enjoyed it so much.

once again thanks for the tip.

Rob
Glad you enjoyed it. Three women and two blokes in our group this morning. We got there just before 10 and headed off about 11.30. Wasn't a bad set of targets this morning. Got beaten by my brother, which he's been rubbing in all day.

I think three of them are going back for the comp tomorrow. I'm abandoning them to go and shoot DTL at Bisley.

That would have been about the right time,,,, I wish I had c9me up and asked now. Good luck tomorrow 
I think Woody off here is going along as well tomorrow. If you see a group of five going around together with one looking like Captain Haddock from Tintin that's him. There'll be a tall bloke with a grey beard and green hat in the group as well.

Hi Bebo, I met the “squad” at the end of the shoot and had a quick chat. Really enjoyed myself but let myself down on a couple of stands which trashed my card. Will definitely go back next time I am down.

Hi Bebo, I met the “squad” at the end of the shoot and had a quick chat. Really enjoyed myself but let myself down on a couple of stands which trashed my card. Will definitely go back next time I am down.
Nice to meet you, Rob.  i had an appaling score at the end of it.  shame as i made a good account of myself on 6 to 10 (for me) only missing one long crosser on 10. But again simple bread and butter stuff that everyone fills their cards with and i make a right hash of. nevermind 😁

Glad you enjoyed yourself Rob. Especially good that Ben didn't put you off going to Willow Farm again. 😉

Next time I’m down I will give everyone some notice and maybe I can tag on to your gang for the day. It was nice to meet you too Ben and also your Husband whose name I sadly did not get. Rob

Hi Rob. Husband is Steve. Others in the group were Biggins (actually also Steve but everyone calls him by his nickname), Nice Ben (to differentiate him from the other one) and Jayne. Steve and I shoot Willow most Saturdays so hopefully we'll see you next time you're there.

Hi Rob. Husband is Steve. Others in the group were Biggins (actually also Steve but everyone calls him by his nickname), Nice Ben (to differentiate him from the other one) and Jayne. Steve and I shoot Willow most Saturdays so hopefully we'll see you next time you're there.
Hi Bebo

looks like I am heading back south 5his weekend. Are you guys at Willow Farm at all? 

Hi Bebo

looks like I am heading back south 5his weekend. Are you guys at Willow Farm at all? 
Yes, all being well we'll be there at about 10am on Saturday.  Not sure about Sunday, will probably go up to Court Farm.

Nice to meet you this morning, Rob. As you said, some nice targets today. Stand 5 in particular was challenging.

Ho Jen. Stand five.... was that the one where at least one person today would have shot the corner of the shed roof?

Possibly sneaking over tomorrow as well. Will you be there?

Back