Really !!!!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, if you swing through the target he seems to be saying that the shot string will do a banana 🤔 unless i am reading it wrong ?? If i am correct....what a load of absolute poo

The “ follow through action has made the shot  spread “ ....... bollocks it has   , it’s left the barrel at 400 yds a second    .  I must confess I have had to bite my tongue  a while back when a fellow shooter on the high tower told me that a fast swing would make the shot “ rainbow “ . 

Still I suppose it’s easy to confuse shooting with using the garden hose , because that seems to be the basis of the theory behind that little gem . 

The “ follow through action has made the shot  spread “ ....... bollocks it has   , it’s left the barrel at 400 yds a second    .  I must confess I have had to bite my tongue  a while back when a fellow shooter on the high tower told me that a fast swing would make the shot “ rainbow “ . 

Still I suppose it’s easy to confuse shooting with using the garden hose , because that seems to be the basis of the theory behind that little gem . 
Exactly, you would have to swing at captain Kirk's warp speed for that to even be a possibility, who writes this sh*tte

Swing through seems to be favoured by those shooters who have no concept of lead or how much in front of a target one has to be - my brother-in-law being a perfect example.  The real downside being that if he misses then he doesn't know what the corrective action needs to be.

Swing through seems to be favoured by those shooters who have no concept of lead or how much in front of a target one has to be - my brother-in-law being a perfect example.  The real downside being that if he misses then he doesn't know what the corrective action needs to be.
Insightful observation and one i agree with. I use swing through because coming from trap background i have no concept of lead, but this article is utter bollox imo

And, if you swing through the target he seems to be saying that the shot string will do a banana 🤔 unless i am reading it wrong ?? If i am correct....what a load of absolute poo
Ian as you so rightly point out it has been proved beyond doubt that the human hands and arms cannot accelerate a shot gun quickly enough to have any observable effect whatsoever on the shot string... did I just say shot string? Yes I did... wow there is a blast from the past  :lol:

Reactions: ips
Thats high house from peg 6 english skeet how anyone can argue with the what that picture is saying about spread,amuses me imensly .28grm 8.5 fblack sporting 3/4 choke.

FB_IMG_1565602372168.jpg

Theres the wad hanging to the left and a dark cloud just below the clay thats the pattern,looks good on my i pad maybe the picture hasn't loaded in a good enough quality to share?

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres the wad hanging to the left and a dark cloud just below the clay thats the pattern,looks good on my i pad maybe the picture hasn't loaded in a good enough quality to share?
I can see the wad and I can see the dark cloud of shot, just not sure how they lend credence to one side of the argument or the other. 

Dont think theres any arguments to be had that small cloud cant be effected by even the worlds fastset super human spray and prayer and looks absolutely nothing like the water hose fountain some people prophasise about and as its passing through at such a speed isnt going to give you the 2d spread a pattern plate would show.

Y'all might want to investigate Bob Brister's near legendary experiments.  

And for people who are unable to do really simple math that may look like a hose thing but I have to struggle to keep from blowing snot when I hear talk about the firehose effect  :banghead:

And BTW the swing thru method works just fine for helice and box-birds.  If there is a person ever that shot those games with a measured and sustained lead they would have my undying respect, admiration, and likely disbelief. 

just sayin'

Last edited by a moderator:
Y'all might want to investigate Bob Brister's near legendary experiments.  

And for people who are unable to do really simple math that may look like a hose thing but I have to struggle to keep from blowing snot when I hear talk about the firehose effect  :banghead:

And BTW the swing thru method works just fine for helice and box-birds.  If there is a person ever that shot those games with a measured and sustained lead they would have my undying respect, admiration, and likely disbelief. 

just sayin'
I just shot helice with a panic  and a prayer 🤣

There is no such thing as "Shot string" it is a myth, unless you have different shot sizes in the same cartridge then you may get a variation. This article is just flowering up the obvious!
Please explain.

Back