Brave enough

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynno

As I write this the wind and rain are lashing down, trees in the garden are being battered, my neighbours fence has blown down.... that’s a bonus really now the lazy bastard will do something about it.... my cats are indoors curled up sleeping, and there’s not a bird in sight.

Who’s brave enough OR stupid enough to go shooting in this weather ????  I’ve said i’m Going to gunsite tomorrow, but if this continues it’ll be feet up read the papers and drink coffee.

I’m going to my local club after lunch for our standard afternoon practice. 50mph gusts will certainly make for a challenging shoot!

I was planning EJC Bucks champs this morning, but no way in this wind. I’m instructing this afternoon which could be fun.. Everybody gets a free pass for missing today. 

I should get out this weekend as Teague Precision left me a voice mail  on Thursday . They’ve  shipped my newly converted  MK60  20 gauge up to the shooting school gun shop . I guess that should warrant a box or three 😃.

having said that if it’s lashing it down , the world won’t end if I leave it until mid week ! 

I am out  shooting the pigeons here, thought i had one go by which broke the sound barrier about 15 foot lead on them going with the wind keeping the dog happy with the pick ups what,s not to like, shot this one, now sitting six string bale for size and what a foot??20190803_064854.jpgIMG-20190803-WA0001.jpg

Martyn B, You know you want too.

I’m watching the pigeons from my bedroom, they’re dropping in and I’m itching to get out but farmer has let other people shoot. Pigeon shooting is the best shooting in my opinion and I love it. So does Pip!

We had our monthly club shoot this morning.  It stayed dry, but boy, the wind made it interesting!!  Still, it gave us all something to laugh about in the pub!  :hunter: :laugh:

Martyn B, You know you want too.
Well , you decided it for me !  . I’d have been better taking a motorboat than my car though . However  the trip up to Kelbrook Lodge ( receiving RFD) was worth it as I’ve got my hands on this .

So my take on a game gun , for those days when carrying  my 32”  mk 38 trap cannon would be too much for me   ! 

MK60 20 gauge , 30” , auto safe  ,  gun-fit by and cast and drop altered by BK Webster ,  Teague long choke  conversion  ( skeet , 1/4 , 3/8 5/8 7/8 ) . 

I didn’t shoot today because the weather was so appalling I wasn’t going to get wet never mind getting the gun wet . 

I think I’ll take it up to Coniston and get some pattern cards , I should have time mid week.  I certainly won’t be going  Fly fishing as the river Wharfe will be about 16 foot deep by tonight 😂

49FD618A-2F8A-4495-9AEB-78726A36A949.jpeg

4AF819F2-036E-411B-A1FF-A32A3D0EC062.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
No chance, was going to do EJC but sacked that off yesterday when I see how windy it was.

Took my fishing rods out to a sheltered, quiet corner of a local lake and caught a few carp.

Gunsite tomorrow if it's calmed down.

Latest posts

Back