mistake !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

has anyone else  ever bought a 30" gun  and wished they had bought a 32"    well I have !   so what's the best way  to go ?    525 sl    , try and be constructive   cheers . :sarcastichand:  

Nope.  

I do genuinely understand  the feeling as for the last three or four months I've shot a 30" Benelli 828u Sport (cos I liked it's rather tarty appearance 🙄, even though it's 30" only) and only really missed my 33" HPX DSR on really long range crossers - that extra mass in the barrels really contributes to an almost effortless controlled swing through on the line of the target.

In contrast the beautifully balanced (our of the box) Benelli being a bit lighter too needs a steady hand to control with the payback that close in targets - especially rabbits don't end up with 3ft of lead... like I tend to do with the 33" tubes....I know I'm going to do it and just can't stop myself...

has anyone else  ever bought a 30" gun  and wished they had bought a 32"    well I have !   so what's the best way  to go ?    525 sl    , try and be constructive   cheers . :sarcastichand:  
Best way is to just take the hit and change it. You can try some heavy extended chokes etc, but at the end of the day it just isn't the same. Browning barrels don't always swap over either so finding a set of 32's to go on it will be very difficult. I bought a 30'' black gold 525 once, had 1 season with it and then changed back to a 32".

Other way, bought 32" did not get on, took hit and sold & now its only a 30" for me,  but yes if you really cannot get on with 30'" best be rid

Best way is to just take the hit and change it. You can try some heavy extended chokes etc, but at the end of the day it just isn't the same. Browning barrels don't always swap over either so finding a set of 32's to go on it will be very difficult. I bought a 30'' black gold 525 once, had 1 season with it and then changed back to a 32".
I expect a hit  but generally gunshops  seem a tad greedy !!   I like the 525 sl    so I would stick to the same model only 32"        I will shop around  , any suggestions  ?

I expect a hit  but generally gunshops  seem a tad greedy !!   I like the 525 sl    so I would stick to the same model only 32"        I will shop around  , any suggestions  ?
Where you have bought it from is always a good start to stand a chance of a genuine exchange to minimise loss with them knowing the circumstance. We have always found Derek Lees to be very good on new prices but you may suffer on the trade in. Bought my dt11 from Dan at Orston, and got a pretty decent deal, so always worth a try.

Only other way is to monitor gun trader and keep an eye out for a second hand 32'' version of yours to come up to minimise the loss. 

Other way round for me. Bought Blaser F3 with 32inch barrels. Great for long stuff but felt I could not get on to closer targets as quick as with 30inch. Also did not like the balance.

As luck would have it, the shop I bought it from, Chris Potters in Kent, had a spotless set of 30inch barrels. After quick conversation and a little cash from me (no where near as much as I had expected) 32 inch exchanged for 30 inch barrels. One of the advantages of dealing with one of best gun shops in the country.

Is it that noticeable? I have only ever really shot my rizzini..

Id love the 525sl, ill keep on saving :wink:

No, never done that.  But I have had several 32" guns that I wished I'd never bought and offed them asap.  Barrels longer than 75cm just don't seem happy with me and 72cm even feel better than the 75's.  For me the critical issue is the weight carried by the front hand and I don't see the barrels when I shoot so short barrels that are the proper weight work just fine for me.

Also the current rage for long barrels makes for some excellent buys      for persons like me - - - many thanks to all you long barrel'ers for the goodies    :thumbsup:

Nope.  

I do genuinely understand  the feeling as for the last three or four months I've shot a 30" Benelli 828u Sport (cos I liked it's rather tarty appearance 🙄, even though it's 30" only) and only really missed my 33" HPX DSR on really long range crossers - that extra mass in the barrels really contributes to an almost effortless controlled swing through on the line of the target.

In contrast the beautifully balanced (our of the box) Benelli being a bit lighter too needs a steady hand to control with the payback that close in targets - especially rabbits don't end up with 3ft of lead... like I tend to do with the 33" tubes....I know I'm going to do it and just can't stop myself...
I tend to over lead close birds with 32" Barrels too, l forget you don't need so much lead as 30" barrels, but long crossers no probs!

Latest posts

Back