Game Fair - Hatfield House

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyingTrotter

Anyone going - weather forecast is good - thinking of popping along - do people take a gun or just mooch around  perhaps hire a gun if there is not too long a queue on the sporting Digweed line - or is it something you book in advance so you have a precooked slot - or is it all too much hassle and best to focus on things other than shooting

I'm going -  but with my fishing hat on, rather than the shooting one. Loads of my mates will be there on the fishing stands. And 'Gunmakers Row' is always worth a visit.

I did take a gun one year and enjoyed it. BTW there has been an even wider variety of shooting competitions there the last couple of years -  I watched a spectacular driven sequence last year and wished I had taken a gun.

They usually have a secure facility so that you can 'park' your gun and walk around the rest of the show unencumbered. 

Bear in mind that the 'Fishing' section is particularly thin this year.

Agreed - went today - it’s massive - almost like Goodwood - most aspects covered brilliantly but I agree that fishing was the poorest aspect - gun dogs and shooting fantastic

Went along yesterday afternoon and today.  Thoroughly enjoyed it - the shooting area seemed much bigger than it has been for the last few years.  Spent rather too much money...new shooting vest and a new pair of wellies.  Really enjoyed seeing the gun dogs, the falconry and the ponies too.

Back