truck safe.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam17

Hi All!

So I got a bargain, a lockable gun safe for the truck, paint needs a bit of a tidy up, but its good for what I paid. I aim to get this fitted to my truck, for a bit of extra safety. I dont wish to drill my truck, but do have the option to use 6 bolts already in place, although not in the greatest position (see pic). This will require me drilling the safe itself, which I am fine with.

What are your thoughts on the strength of this bolt layout?

4 bolts in a line, and then 2 below? I have them soaking, ill remove the bolts, mark the safe, and drill, then fix...

Will it be suitable?

Screenshot_20190717-123746.png

Screenshot_20190717-123720.png

I think it’s great . Short if stealing your car with the gun in it , there is no quick and easy method to open that  or steal the safe if for example someone popped the truck open whilst you were paying for fuel . 

I’d not worry too much about the securing bolts Just two would do the job . 

I would at least cut the bolts down flush on the lock.
I had thought of that,but doesn't seem possible...

I think it’s great . Short if stealing your car with the gun in it , there is no quick and easy method to open that  or steal the safe if for example someone popped the truck open whilst you were paying for fuel . 

I’d not worry too much about the securing bolts Just two would do the job . 
nice one, cheers bud.

I even got some material to line the safe. Some fluffy fleece to cover the foam, and faux leather to line the floor of the safe. I think it will look nice when its done. its all in a bid to stop the bolts from damaging the stock & barrels

Last edited by a moderator:
Lining the safe is now a no go.. The material all jumbles up. and doesn't look good. may well make some gun socks to fit the stripped down shotgun..

Latest posts

Back