Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Buster41

Vario Ear Plugs real world reviews??

Recommended Posts

Buster41
Posted (edited)

Afternoon Guys,

I'm in the market for new pair of earplugs and Vario plugs have caught my attention.

Do any of you use them and have any real world reviews you could offer? i currently use Emtec plugs but feel when out on a shoot i struggle with communicating with people at distance so ideally looking to upgrade to an electric module.

 

 

 

Edited by Buster41

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug Pinnegar
Posted (edited)

Real world user here. Really like them, I have the 1st gen electric modules. The new ones are meant to be even better (haven't tried them yet)

@Jason Gibson is 'the man' behind Vario and offers a 30 day money back guarantee, can't really go wrong.

Edited by Doug Pinnegar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sian

I have a pair of the music ones.  I haven't worn them much yet if I am honest for no other reason than I need to get used to them without being in a competition.  They are larger than the ones I have at the moment and I am a finicky person for new things.  They feel comfortable in my ears although again it took me a little while to get used to putting them in correctly as I am cack handed.  Not much help to you sorry although I know lots of people who do have them and like them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ocean19

Been using them for about a year now and would recommend them in an instant. I used ACS custom made before these and they were fine, but over the years they lose their ability to effectively block sound. This is mainly due the changes in the shape of ears over a given period so any plugs would gradually lose their effectiveness. 

If I had to replace them for any reason, I would buy another pair.

Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
westley
4 hours ago, Sian said:

I have a pair of the music ones.  I haven't worn them much yet if I am honest for no other reason than I need to get used to them without being in a competition.  They are larger than the ones I have at the moment and I am a finicky person for new things.  They feel comfortable in my ears although again it took me a little while to get used to putting them in correctly as I am cack handed.  Not much help to you sorry although I know lots of people who do have them and like them.

Do they just play all the ' HITS '  then   ?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tpd1309

Got my new ones at the end of January to replace a 3year old set from another company. The difference is night and day, clarity is unbelievable. Try them you won't be disappointed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sian
1 hour ago, westley said:

Do they just play all the ' HITS '  then   ?

There wouldn’t be much music playing if they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buster41
13 hours ago, Ocean19 said:

Been using them for about a year now and would recommend them in an instant. I used ACS custom made before these and they were fine, but over the years they lose their ability to effectively block sound. This is mainly due the changes in the shape of ears over a given period so any plugs would gradually lose their effectiveness. 

If I had to replace them for any reason, I would buy another pair.

Hope this helps.

 

13 hours ago, tpd1309 said:

Got my new ones at the end of January to replace a 3year old set from another company. The difference is night and day, clarity is unbelievable. Try them you won't be disappointed

 

Thanks all,

Looks like you've made my mind up for me....one last question, do they suffer badly from wind noise? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GulfCoast
8 hours ago, Buster41 said:

 

 

Thanks all,

Looks like you've made my mind up for me....one last question, do they suffer badly from wind noise? 

I don't know this brand, being across the pond and such.  However, having had electronic plugs from 3 manufacturers over the years, I have found the best way to deal with wind noise is to simply dial down the gain/volume on a windy day.  I miss the early ESP's that had a "target" setting where there was minimal "wind noise/crunching leaves while you walk noise," and a "hunting" setting where everything was boosted to you could hear deer/turkey rustling through the woods easily. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
westley
On 7/15/2019 at 8:23 PM, Sian said:

There wouldn’t be much music playing if they did.

Still better than me though,   my ears just hold my Pilla's on nowadays     😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ocean19

They do suffer with wind noise, but only if you have the passive non-elctronic ones like I do. In the box though is a pair of blanks so on a really windy day you can swap the inserts out and have silence.

All of the valve types suffer from wind noise though so it’s not specific to Varios.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×