ICTSF WESP2019 MAIN EVENT (Gold Course)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmokinn

Friday came and i really felt like i had put Thursday behind me though as with all majors i feel a little nervous that i am going to F up at the beginning and make it hard for the rest of the course but no i went 4 stands straight even though there were a few no birds on stand 3 but the ref went out and gave the trap a kick and it seemed to fix it!

Stand 1 Orange R-L crosser followed by high quartering incomer 8/8

Stand 2 simo low R-L and high R-L through a gap in the trees very chippy 3rd pair glad the ref had good eyesight 8/8

Stand 3 R-L orange rabbit and R-L pink crosser 6/6

Stand 4 downhill into the woods orange going away from the Right and Pink crossing at the bottom from the Left 6/6

Stand 5 stand of doom fast R-L downhill rabbit followed by even faster R-L quartering away rabbit,this one came out like a missile and could be on the ground,8 foot in the air or anything in between we were told before we started that all targets were to be shot to count.Several no birds and i was scored 2 not what i believed th score to be but as the ref had already misscored 2 others and refused to change them even though the whole squad was in agreement i didn't bother questioning...don't think he was used to reffing sporting most seemed to be trappies.

Stand 6 5/8

Stand 7 R-L rising followed by a low driven,watched to many others shoot it and followed there lead which didn't work for me shot the last pair my way and hit them 2/6

Stand 8 7/8

Stand 9 Fast  orange R-L rabbit followed by a seemingly steady R-L crosser watched one of the countries top 3 sporting shots score 1 on this and several AA shots not get past half way so was happy with 3/8 rabbit just didn't seem to break!

Stand 10 very high crossing Midi followed by standard hard to get in front of before they disappeared 1 of the first 2 of the second 3/6

Stand 11 Into shaded woods hard to see bird fired down the hill towards you and a pink crossing looper didn't find the first bird till last pair 5/6

Stand 12 fast orange left to right which amazingly seemed to need nothing so had to find it plus an easy second bird that escapes memory 6/8

Stand 13 Hi driven Battue followed by high driven standard found them eventually 3/6

Stand 14 orange 90mm's one going away from the right one crossing R-L 2/6 disappointing as i was on the first pair

Apart from the rabbits on stand 5 i thought all great targets and great reffing some tough deceptive birds as a world championship should be greatly enjoyed the course just wish i had kept the steam up after the rabbits unfortunately the refs word may be wrong but it is final.

A beautiful setting for sporting clays and would shoot there again in a heartbeat well worth the journey ICTSA had everything well sorted and it ran smooth as clockwork which was a great relief after the day before well worth the 400 mile drive and the ferry journey.

Latest posts

Back