ICTSF WESP2019 PRELIM (white course)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmokinn

Travelled to Ireland for the ICTSF World English Sporting 2019 love Ireland both North and South always feel welcome and love the otters with the Irish lads.

Travelled the West coast for the first couple of days one of the most beautiful places in the world Waterford,Cork,Limerick all along the coast roads then up to Lurgan to spend a few days with the Irish lads to have a few days practice before the worlds,for me i was shooting like a demon repetitive 24's at skeet which i haven't shot for ages and shooting 95% plus on a tuff compact layout with about 9 different targets at Tanioky.

Thursday the Prelim (white course) a beautiful setting with great target presentations set fairly stiff in places.i started with high hopes only dropping a couple over the first 4 stands but with already a noticeable amount of no birds,stand 5 was a toughy low quartering orange and then a high 50m plus crosser starting in front and going off quickly to the right that i just didn't find.

Stand 6 the debacle began straightforward orange going away and a R-L climbing,by the time i got in to shoot number 5 we had already had over 20 no birds on this stand alone,after 6 no birds over 2 pairs i was pretty unhappy and the ref went off to find someone with a radio to call the engineer after a delay of 15 minutes i presumed i would be able to restart the stand completely but apparently not it still kept no birding to the extent you were surprised when you actually got a target.added to the hold up of 25 minutes before we got to the stand i felt lucky to come off with a 6.

Stand 7 dropped 1 and then stand 8 and the no birds started coming thick and fast young lady called Pam on our squad had to shoot 12 pairs to get 4 unbroken pairs how she maintained concentration to straight it was beyond me,i shot a six best i could do with the constant wonder if i would get whole clay or not.

Stand 9 by this time one of our squad had decided he had had enough and left the course 4 squads waiting and very other pair seemingly had a no bird about 45 minutes wait including an engineer call just before we shot which seemed to to improve things though apparently it had been doing it all day high R-L Midi followed by high R_L standard i was happy with 5 out of 8 and a couple of no birds.

We had started asking the refs if we would be seeing full targets by now,we were lucky on stand 10 with only a couple for the squad L-r and R_L quartering battues 6/8 for me quick but not tough really.

11 a pair of rabbits one quick quartering away and a slower quartering we asked the question of the ref and he said no no birds but the first might make for the sun occasionally so tried to shoot it off the arm  a couple became Battues seemingly a theme for rabbits on all of the courses 6/8 again.

Last stand 12 a reasonably friendly dropping low quartering orange dropping away quite quickly followed by a green mildly quartering green racing away from further out and dropping quickly 4/8 by this time any resilience had been ground out of us.

So 4 hours and over a 100 no birds later i used 130 odd cartridges to shoot 100! we did our best to smile but for a world class shoot i thought it was an embarassment be it the Promatic traps or the CCI clays they supply somebody should have there ass well and truly kicked as it ruined what could have been a great day for us and in my mind is unforgivable.

Latest posts

Back