SGC in Norfolk

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paultoke

Hi

Has anyone from Norfolk recently obtained their SGC?

How long after the FEO inspection did you have to wait for the certificate to arrive?

FEO said All was ok and i should receive my certificate in about 2 weeks but I assume he says that to everyone.

It's been 4 weeks so far and the suspense is killing me 

You could just give them a curtious email or phone them.

Hi Paul - When I got my SGC from Norfolk Constabulary in 2017, it was very quick to be posted (think it was within the 2 weeks).

just keep paying little bits towards it - it shows you want it. They can keep it while your waiting.

I thought the quick bit was getting it signed after the visit, turns out that was the longest wait for me. 12 weeks from visit to the cert arriving. This was Humberside.

That was my understanding as well.

Norfolk Constabulary quote  " We have a target that the average time taken for the processing of the initial grant of any firearm or shotgun application, from receipt to issue, is to be 35 days"

That seems to be accurate according to Firearms Licensing League Table 2018

Its been 46 days for me so far so i'm assuming being the holiday season the process will take longer.

That was my understanding as well.

Norfolk Constabulary quote  " We have a target that the average time taken for the processing of the initial grant of any firearm or shotgun application, from receipt to issue, is to be 35 days"

That seems to be accurate according to Firearms Licensing League Table 2018

Its been 46 days for me so far so i'm assuming being the holiday season the process will take longer.
Impression left by Suffolk was of a lax disinterested & very amateur outfit, pleasant enough to deal with but you wouldn’t want entrust anything important to them. Hopefully Norfolk are better, good luck. 

If you have still not received it, id drop them a line, something along the lines of - worried it has been lost in the post..

Latest posts

Back