Hammer it home

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord v

Got a nice little number the other day.... 16 guage Tula Toz-63. Not as old as it looks being from the late 60's. This model was an 'exhibition' one. Basically a sales model with all the bells and whistles, good engraving, skip chequring, coin finish and a really good hand finish. Bought as a bit of a sleeper, had less than 500 through it so as solid as you can get. 

My only slight complaint is the choking of what is apparently full and extra extra extra full.... 😂 I have suspicion that the intention was that you have shot in the full barrel and slug in the xxx full. 

Took it out for the second time yesterday. Lovely and light. Smooth shooting, 28g 5's felt like 21g 7.5s from a 12 guage. Wonderfully balanced. Got many admiring comments with most mistaking it for an old English gun. Didn't shoot too badly with it either. IMG_20190613_070139.jpgIMG_20190614_131343.jpg

Properly liking the 16's right now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a nice little number the other day.... 16 guage Tula Toz-63. Not as old as it looks being from the late 60's. This model was an 'exhibition' one. Basically a sales model with all the bells and whistles, good engraving, skip chequring, coin finish and a really good hand finish. Bought as a bit of a sleeper, had less than 500 through it so as solid as you can get. 

My only slight complaint is the choking of what is apparently full and extra extra extra full.... 😂 I have suspicion that the intention was that you have shot in the full barrel and slug in the xxx full. 

Took it out for the second time yesterday. Lovely and light. Smooth shooting, 28g 5's felt like 21g 7.5s from a 12 guage. Wonderfully balanced. Got many admiring comments with most mistaking it for an old English gun. Didn't shoot too badly with it either. View attachment 7765View attachment 7766

Properly liking the 16's right now. 
top draw beauty !

Very nice too !   I would have thought that any barrel intended for slug/ball would have very little, if any, choke at all.  I shot a 12 bore version of that gun in the 1960's, I managed to split my left index finger on the front sling swivel with the recoil. Mind you, they were probably 32 gram Winchester's that I was shooting, they usually were back then.

Very nice too !   I would have thought that any barrel intended for slug/ball would have very little, if any, choke at all.  I shot a 12 bore version of that gun in the 1960's, I managed to split my left index finger on the front sling swivel with the recoil. Mind you, they were probably 32 gram Winchester's that I was shooting, they usually were back then.
Absolutely ! ! !  Putting a slug thru a choked barrel is a near certain disaster for at least the gun.

That's a really cool gun.  It would be wonderful if you can live with the chokes as the Ruskies were pretty up on making super chokes.

The Ruskies did make some way nice guns.  I've seen a couple that were just as fine as fine gets.  And those bunker guns locked up like the proverbial bank vault.  I don't know how they shot those stocks tho - OUCH!

Latest posts

Back