Magic Bore

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FARMER

Magic Bore cleaner,is it worth the price.

Struggle to clean unchromed barrels on Perazzi quickly,is this product as good as the claims?

My Mx2000s barrels are like mirrors just brush in a cordless drill and a couple of minutes,all done.

How quick do you want?
Exactly what I do and while they are almost spotless I still see a little streaking of what I think is plastic in places on the bores could be my brush is a bit past it... but I use the gun for shooting not as a telescope 😃

Interestingly I have spoken to people who use scotch bright down their barrels and they say it is very effective for removing fouling.

It's supposed to be very effective on over bored barrels. I like a few others here just use the bronze brush, and in a drill if things are a bit stubborn.  Paynes galway brush is a good bit of kit as well.

If you want a bit of kit that has a bronze brush with a mop behind it, you can actually buy them that screw together on Brownells UK website, at a fraction of the price of a magic bore, never actually tried them though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other thing not to overlook is a bit of green  “ pan scrubber “  cut into a strip that you can fit into a brass jag .  That  will shift anything stubborn  . +1 for Payne Gallway brushes . 

...Also don't overlook the fact that the brush and the material covered rods are consumable components, so it will end up being like Triggers broom. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
my barrels are like mirrors - just a good bit of elbow grease, and regular too, I clean my barrels after every shoot.

my barrels are like mirrors - just a good bit of elbow grease, and regular too, I clean my barrels after every shoot.
I used to do that.. I got over it. 😆. I do actually spray the barrels and push paper through after every shoot but haven’t used a brush in a long time. Still look pretty good. I worry far more about all the hinge and rubbing surfaces being cleaned and re oiled. 

I used to do that.. I got over it. 😆. I do actually spray the barrels and push paper through after every shoot but haven’t used a brush in a long time. Still look pretty good. I worry far more about all the hinge and rubbing surfaces being cleaned and re oiled. 
Agree - I also oil and grease the mating surfaces...

Im still looking for a manual for my Rizzini, so I can take apart the action...

+1 - - works for me too.  If I'm shooting a couple days in a row then the fuzzy stick is all they need.  Screw-in chokes obviously build up more deposits at a much greater rate and do require more attention to keep clean enough to make me happy.  The joys of life in modern times.

Which rodent would you recommend for a 20 gauge ? I’m loath to buy a wire brush and mop for something I’ll only use 3 months of the year . 
Use a slightly smaller mouse but DON’T keep them in the same cage because if you put a 20g mouse into a 12g gun it will drop down out of sight, then when you put in a 12g one...

For a 410 tie a tampon to an earwig. 

Latest posts

Back