rocky

Cartridges online

rocky

Are there any good multi-brand online cartridge shops? A lot of the ones I turned up with Google searches were either old defunct sites or didn’t offer delivery. 

limmy01

Try justcartridges 

rocky
5 minutes ago, limmy01 said:

Try justcartridges 

Thanks yes I did look at them but their prices are high unless you want thousands. 

Will Hewland
Just now, rocky said:

Thanks yes I did look at them but their prices are high unless you want thousands. 

In fairness, they are also high if you do want thousands.. Many of us just read their price lists to make us feel good about how much we pay elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

El Spavo

What he said. Literally all the cartridges I've bought have been reassuringly cheaper everywhere else! :D 

• Like 2

MartynB

All the best prices I’ve found tend to be at shooting grounds with a retail shop . Often for the simple reason that they can shift the volume required for good pricing . Some give a few bob extra to members . The place that I buy mine only does cash or debit card , as the margin is so tight on the 1000 price . The carriage costs alone make cartridge shopping on the internet a non starter . 

Jeremy Baker
11 hours ago, rocky said:

Are there any good multi-brand online cartridge shops? A lot of the ones I turned up with Google searches were either old defunct sites or didn’t offer delivery. 

Use your local shop or ground. 

Support local business or loose them 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

AW13

Just looked at JustCartridges, I can buy my preferred cartridges cheaper per 1,000 locally and you dont have to wait in for the delivery, just pop into my local gun shop when passing.

• Like 1

jwpzx9r
3 hours ago, Jeremy Baker said:

I used to buy mine online down here. If you bought a thousand carriage was free... then it became two thousand... now to get free carriage you have to buy 15 thousand to get free carriage !

• Like 1

tiptop

I buy from JC, it's on the way home from work. May be a couple of quid dearer per thousand, but saves me time and fuel, not having to do miles on a round trip to save the couple of quid per thousand. Makes me chuckle when people want to buy online cartridges, then expect them to be cheaper even after adding delivery.:eek:

If people are really that desperate to save a few quid per thousand, then shooting really isn't the game for you.:no:

• Like 2

Will Hewland

Local supply (or a ground you’re visiting regardless) is the practical solution for regular consumption.. Having said that, I used to get Clever from Scotland! But free delivery for 10,000 which I took.

• Like 1

tiptop

Makes me laugh when people go all out to save £10/1000, which equates to £1 per 100 bird shoot. Desperate times mean desperate measures I suppose.

• Like 2

rocky
39 minutes ago, tiptop said:

I buy from JC, it's on the way home from work. May be a couple of quid dearer per thousand, but saves me time and fuel, not having to do miles on a round trip to save the couple of quid per thousand. Makes me chuckle when people want to buy online cartridges, then expect them to be cheaper even after adding delivery.:eek:

If people are really that desperate to save a few quid per thousand, then shooting really isn't the game for you.:no:

For me it’s not so much desperation as just trying to avoid paying over the odds for the same product available elsewhere really plus weighing up whether it was worth getting the car out or having them arrive automatically. 

Anyway I found a place near me (Clarkes of Walsham) who had all six sorts I wanted to try for a good price & free delivery so they’ll be arriving tomorrow. Happy days :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sian
34 minutes ago, tiptop said:

Makes me laugh when people go all out to save £10/1000, which equates to £1 per 100 bird shoot. Desperate times mean desperate measures I suppose.

I would not sniff at saving £10 per 1000 😂

• Like 5

El Spavo
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Sian said:

I would not sniff at saving £10 per 1000 😂

No, me neither. And who's to say that because we're not minted then we shouldn't enjoy shooting and look after the little money we do spend on it?! I do believe my gun goes bang and shot flies out the end of it the same as everyone elses, correct??

Wish I had as much spare cash as captain moneybags above, but then again I wouldn't want it to make me as big a patronising dick!

Edited by El Spavo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Sian
26 minutes ago, El Spavo said:

No, me neither. And who's to say that because we're not minted then we shouldn't enjoy shooting and look after the little money we do spend on it?! I do believe my gun goes bang and shot flies out the end of it the same as everyone elses, correct??

Wish I had as much spare cash as captain moneybags above, but then again I wouldn't want it to make me as big a patronising dick!

He really isn't and he knows just how many cartridges I buy a year hence the laughing face and me wanting to save money.

• Like 2

rocky
8 minutes ago, Sian said:

He really isn't and he knows just how many cartridges I buy a year hence the laughing face and me wanting to save money.

Go on tell us.. :D 

Westward
38 minutes ago, El Spavo said:

That's not needed Spavo.

• Like 3

rocky
6 hours ago, Jeremy Baker said:

Nah **** em 😀

Will Hewland

I always fill up at Asda. (Diesel not cartridges..) It really is the principle.. just uncomfortable paying more than I need to for anything. (Which is a super critical thing when you run a business of course..). 

• Like 5

El Spavo
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Westward said:

That's not needed Spavo.

Have no problem with what I said... what isn't needed is implying that if you don't have the money for it you shouldn't be shooting or are you or anyone else suggesting I should give it all up because I don't earn massive wages and never will so I need to be conscious of how much I spend on my hobby? It's pretty condescending.

It's the Etonian old boys club b*llocks that isn't needed!

Edited by El Spavo

MartynB

Probably because of my past working background also , but I tend to look at percentages not £s 

“ it’s only a tenner “  .... no it’s not,  it’s 5% more expensive than it needs to be .  I do subscribe to “ total cost of acquisition “ as well , hence the optimum of buying at lowest price from somewhere I was going anyway . 

Now I’m a non working loafer , all those saved percents have allowed me to regress into second childhood pursuing selfish hobbies 😂

• Like 3

tiptop
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, El Spavo said:

Pray tell who captain moneybags is. As I'm just a little old factory worker. Still only works out at £1/100, if you manage to save £10/1000. 

As with everything to do with shooting it's all in the head. As for the price of cartridges it's the thought of paying £200, 210, 220 whatever, but when you actually break it down to 100 bird shoots it all becomes minimal, that is all I am saying. Unless you really are a moneybags, and can afford the higher end price, then fair enough pay big money..

But please don't make assumptions about people you know nothing about, who ever it is :smile:

20 hours ago, Sian said:

... 50,000+ X £10.....😃:oops:

22 hours ago, rocky said:

Anyway I found a place near me (Clarkes of Walsham) who had all six sorts I wanted to try for a good price & free delivery so they’ll be arriving tomorrow. Happy days :) 

Fee delivery excellent. :thumbsup:

Edited by tiptop
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rocky
7 hours ago, tiptop said:

Free delivery excellent. :thumbsup:

1000 carts = free delivery woohoo! :D 

Only reason I did this was to try a variety of (lower end) cartridges that I’d read about on here to see what they’re like in my gun with me shooting it.. end of the day at the stage I’m at as long as it goes bang and chucks shot out the end it’s plenty good enough but it’s still interesting to experience stuff for yourself isn’t it. I normally just buy Comp X from the ground but they don’t sell some of the others so..

• Like 1

Martinj

Thumbs up for supporting your local shoot (if prices are OK,) there's the considerable advantage of not having to go out of your way to make a purchase. I buy from these guys at a local shoot who are pretty well stocked if you like Fiocchi (which I do.) All plastic wad except Fiocchi err Fibre TT1.

SNIP.JPG.a8e24e73bf3eb1e048892fd70971ef3f.JPG

• Like 1