rocky

Cartridges online

El Spavo

Hiab straight into the boot: even better! 😂

• Haha 1

Joe Nash
Posted (edited)

I had 10,000 delivered by Clarks, Hiab off, then he just pushed the pallet in to my garage  + free transport.  :hunter:

Edited by Joe Nash
  • Like 1

rocky
4 hours ago, Joe Nash said:

I had 10,000 delivered by Clarks, Hiab off, then he just pushed the pallet in to my garage  + free transport.  :hunter:

Noice 👍🏻 

Cosmicblue

Isn't there an insurance issue with that many cartridges?  I have a feeling the home insurance policies have a clause about propellant (i.e. explosive) storage?

MartynB
Posted (edited)

The very fact that the guys have had their volumes delivered by a builders truck,outside of ADR (dangerous goods) transport regulation  shows how safe  shotgun cartridges are . The cartridges are classed as not liable to explode in bulk . In terms of risk, the cartridges kept at home are not likely to do anything more than provide fuel for a fire started by something else . Even if you chucked a slab on a bonfire you certainly wouldn’t get an explosion  .  I’d be more worried about the 60 litres of unleaded parked up next to the house, or the LPG cylinder for the BBQ , than having a few thousand cartridges in the garage or airing cupboard. 

Edited by MartynB
  • Like 3

El Spavo

Mate, I've seen more innocuous stuff as a firefighter that has more potential for danger, even if only once in a blue moon.... washing machines & tumble dryers, cheap phone chargers being left on with nothing charging, plug in room perfume doohickies, even those little square plug adaptor boxes from years ago which plug straight into a socket and you plug multiple more plugs into it... tell people to bin them and buy the ones on a lead which sit on the floor so there's no weight loading on the sockt itself!

Went to a house fire once where a ladies double sided vanity mirror had acted like what kids do with magnifying glasses to make a beam to burn stuff: burnt a 2m line across the wallpaper as the sun moved round until it caused a bottle of perfume to explode and catch fire!! 😮 Unbelievable to think of, but obviously the cause when you looked at the marks in the bedroom!

• Like 2

Blackstar Ninja
On 6/28/2019 at 7:47 PM, El Spavo said:

Been interested in trying Jockers for a while and slightly confused as to whether they are both a make in their own right AND a cartridge made by RC as your post would suggest, 

Jockers are a French brand in their own right well known in Europe. They are imported by the same company that import RCs hence the connection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rocky
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blackstar Ninja said:

Jockers are a French brand in their own right well known in Europe. They are imported by the same company that import RCs hence the connection.

Yeh they actually say LA Jockers on them not RC 👍🏻  

Edited by rocky