Ergosing evocomp stocks

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwpzx9r

Hi Anybody have any advice on just whether the Evocomp is worth the extra it costs over newer arrivals on the market. The reason I ask is I have three options just now having taken the decision to go with this type of stock.

option 1 secondhand Evocomp in pristine condition for €1545  

Option 2 New TSK €1650

option 3 New Futur K6-AM which is a fairly recent stock on the market for €1250 which looks quite interesting.

I am not sure that whatever you get makes that much difference as they are all doing much the same job just the designs are a little different but if someone was to say the Evocomp is not worth the extra that would eliminate one of the three  :lol:

Hi Anybody have any advice on just whether the Evocomp is worth the extra it costs over newer arrivals on the market. The reason I ask is I have three options just now having taken the decision to go with this type of stock.

Option 2 New TSK €1650

option 3 New Futur K6-AM which is a fairly recent stock on the market for €1250 which looks quite interesting.

I am not sure that whatever you get makes that much difference as they are all doing much the same job just the designs are a little different but if someone was to say the Evocomp is not worth the extra that would eliminate one of the three  :lol:
fit and comfort crucial for good scores !   but remember no majic wand out there !     its all about the pilot .      :thumbsup:

Option 2 New TSK €1650

2nd hand Evocomp for 1545 😶  💭  gotta be havin a laugh

TSK 1650 hmmm, why not I suppose 

Futur K6-AM does look interesting despite the colour coded and "patented" recoil reduction system sounding a tad optimistic, at the money that's the one I'd opt for, all else such as feel, size and comfort being equal. 

OK, John - take a breath!    :wink:

Ergosign parts are VERY pricey so if the thing has been modded in any way you could see some serious $ to fix it.

Grip size is very important with these things since your hand will only fit ONE place.  Try the ergosign grip on the gun and make sure the trigger finger hits the trigger properly when the grip is held tightly.

If it has the recoil thingie in it that will need attending to if you don't want it or maintenance if you do.

Make sure it will collapse short enough to fit your current LOP

or just get a new TSK with the proper grip and the short tube on it.

and no whining no matter which you do if you still shoot your current stock better

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info everyone. I am just buying this because I have some cash burning a hole in my pocket and the current stock on my gun really is not the best fit so spending the money on that will at least be spending in the right direction . I am tempted by the Ergo basically because the grip size is right, according to their own measurement instructions, and it really does look almost new. Of course I realise that sometime things don't work out how you thought they would and I will just have to take the hit if I don't get on with it. I am interested in that Futur K6AM though the price is very good and I like the design.

https://www.naturabuy.fr/crosse-ergosign-perazzi-item-5710344.html

Option 2 New TSK €1650

As someone that's shot an Evocomp and worked with others using a TSK stocks I'm fairly well placed to offer an observation here. The Evocomp is undoubtedly a better quality item than the TSK stock. It also has the option of grooved finger grips.

As others have said, make absolutely sure the grip fits. Evocomp's are available either with a standard diameter grip (in various sizes) or custom made. If it doesn't fit perfectly it's as good as useless. I can't comment on price although my Evocomp cost nothing like that new.

I'd also consider a custom stock with a glove grip. Manuel Ricardo will do you one for a similar price and you'll get a trip to Portugal into the bargain.

You don't mention the discipline you shoot. Please remember both the Evocomp and TSK stocks are primarily designed for trap shooting and suit a gun up style. There are shooters that use them gun down, Vincent Hancock being the most obvious but you may have to modify them to suit.

As others have said, make absolutely sure the grip fits. Evocomp's are available either with a standard diameter grip (in various sizes) or custom made. If it doesn't fit perfectly it's as good as useless. I can't comment on price although my Evocomp cost nothing like that new.
That has to be a worry because although my hand size falls into their large size category I could easily be a mm or two out either way so that means a custom fitting is the only way to be certain... which for most people, me included, is out of the question.

That has to be a worry because although my hand size falls into their large size category I could easily be a mm or two out either way so that means a custom fitting is the only way to be certain... which for most people, me included, is out of the question.
A couple of millimeters won't make much difference. Aside from the grip size in general the biggest issue is the thumb recess. Too small and it'll pinch your thumb, too big and your thumb and hand will move too much, negating the advantages of a glove grip.

Try it for size, if it fits they're great and a vast improvement on a conventional grip. Of the two I'd suggest the Evocomp is probably the better bet.

Have you considered a trip over to Manuel Ricardo’s near Porto for a custom made Stock ? 

That or Essevierre 

I understand the attraction of the robocop style stock but I wouldn't have one on my gun for any reason. 

Much preferred a drive through France to Gardone. 
Well I will be going to Lonato later this year BUT for me the problem with the stock that is made to fit at the time of fitting very often does not fit when you get to it in the shooting ground.  I know two very experienced, and good, shooters who have had stocks made for them one by Ricardo one the other by Essevierre . Neither of those two shooters ever used the stocks for any length of time simply because they were fine at the initial testing but after a real trial at the shooting ground and in competition  the were not quite right. To rectify this would have entailed another visit to the stocker... at considerable expense and time... both of them agreed that if you are going to have a stock made for you have it done locally or not at all ... not half way across Europe. It has certainly made me think.

The body changes form one year to the next and I think if you have a fixed stock you have to adapt whereas minor, or more, changes can be made with the gammy leg type of stock. The other thing is if you do not get on with a multi adjust stock you can generally speaking offload it ... made to measure jobs are much more difficult to see the back off.

Interestingly I know and shoot quite regularly with shooter who won the vet category at the UT WC last year with 194 ... he has changed from his fixed stock to an adjustable made by Shootoff . I find that really strange as making that sort of score did not indicate to me that he had a problem with his gunfit but who knows maybe perfection requires perfection ? It is certainly noticeable that the top OT shooters rarely use adjustomatic type stocks though.

It is certainly noticeable that the top OT shooters rarely use adjustomatic type stocks though.
I'd venture that's because they have people making sure they have a stock that fits all the time - at little personal expense.

I find that really strange as making that sort of score did not indicate to me that he had a problem with his gunfit but who knows maybe perfection requires perfection ?
You never know how much someone may have adjusted themselves to a stock/fit.  Look at Kim Rhode, a stock that to me is clearly inches(!) too long and she shoots intl skeet gun down.  I can only assume that she got used to loooong stocks when she was 8yrs old and about 4' tall and winning NSSA shoots outright with guns that didn't fit. 

I suppose that a custom fit grip would be some kool gun bling but unless you really have a need to accommodate some unusual proportions it would seem an unnecessary expense.  I've modified both of the TSK's as the ridge that guides the trigger finger on each pushed the finger down too far and I had to work against that to hit the trigger properly.  NBD  But then I'm  a philistine when it comes to taking a file to the stock on a competition gun  :drool:

Even with the small Evocomp grip I've not had the thumb feel pinched like Mr. Powell relates, but tho my fingers are long they aren't fat either so .............

I understand the attraction of the robocop style stock but I wouldn't have one on my gun for any reason. 
 I freely cop to thinking too that the things are just way unattractive tho there is that tek look.  Function for me is more important than adherence to the trad aesthetic.  I'm sure you'd get some looks at driven birds shooting an adjusto high rib O/U with screw-in chokes, laser engraving, and an anatomical stock.  Maybe not so much at OT.

I freely cop to thinking too that the things are just way unattractive tho there is that tek look.  Function for me is more important than adherence to the trad aesthetic.  I'm sure you'd get some looks at driven birds shooting an adjusto high rib O/U with screw-in chokes, laser engraving, and an anatomical stock.  Maybe not so much at OT.
Very true. I've always been puzzled by the 'say no to technology' argument. When all is said and done your gun is a tool for breaking clays, nothing more, nothing less. It must fit perfectly and if an anatomical stock is the secret to that then all the better. 

It wasn't that long ago gun manufacturers sold us a game gun with a rubber recoil pad and told us it was a sporter. How things have come on since then.

Very true. I've always been puzzled by the 'say no to technology' argument. When all is said and done your gun is a tool for breaking clays, nothing more, nothing less. It must fit perfectly and if an anatomical stock is the secret to that then all the better. 

It wasn't that long ago gun manufacturers sold us a game gun with a rubber recoil pad and told us it was a sporter. How things have come on since then.
Well I am going for it because I was shooting at the weekend and the stock on my gun completely destroyed my confidence. Time after time I felt uneasy with the feel of the gun mount.  The last round I have shot the first sixteen for the loss of one target then I have a miss and start thinking it is my mount and lose five from the last eight !!!!  How the hell can you do that ?? That really upset me that did. The weird thing is I can shoot with the damned thing I have shot lots of straights and high scores but I know the stock is just not right and as soon as things get a bit tetchy I start to think and blame the stock. One real problem for me is a prominent collar bone which I want to use to rest my gun on and recoil onto bone is a little painful after a time. I also tend to shoot my gun nearer the center of my chest rather than in the pocket, so I figure I Monte Carlo the Ergosign with a hefty offset and go from there to perfect the setup. Amazing the grief I get for wanting to shoot with my gun on my chest nobody moans about OT shooters who do similar... but of course they are mainly Italian not French ! 

You never know how much someone may have adjusted themselves to a stock/fit.  Look at Kim Rhode, a stock that to me is clearly inches(!) too long and she shoots intl skeet gun down
Captureaa.JPG

I had never noticed that before, it looks as though her arms aren't long enough

Latest posts

Back