Midlife

Pilla Prescription Costs

Midlife

Hi there

Does anybody have a ball park cost on obtaining prescription lenses for the Outlaw inserts? 

Cheers

GulfCoast
Posted (edited)

Here in 'merica, the land of hyper-expensive, the RX insert (for Outlaws, without lenses) is $180 plus the cost of lenses (for which Pilla recommends Trivex lenses with an anti-glare treatment).  If you paid full suggested Pilla retail for just the single vision prescription lenses and insert, that would be $390, without the price of the " color-enhancing mask plus temples."  I get my local optometrist to fill the lens prescription, which is less, but I don't recall off the top of my head how "much" less than Pilla's suggested prices. 

Edited by GulfCoast

Jeremy Baker

@EdLyons is your man 

• Like 1

tiptop

Most online opticians will fit lenses in inserts. Not expensive. 

Midlife

Sorry for the tardy reply but tip-top is correct. My local optician made and then fitted them for me while I waited for around £50

paultoke
Posted (edited)

All depends on your prescription and what lenses you want to fit.

My single vision ultra-thin lightweight lenses cost around £160 but they were made and fitted for me in the Zeiss factory.

Unfortunately I have a rather strong prescription in my right eye and cheaper lenses tend to give me peripheral distortion.

Edited by paultoke
  • Like 1