Marocchi Evo Sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocky

Anyone on here got or shot one? The reviews I’ve seen are encouraging for. £1500 (ish) gun but there don’t seem to be many about so..?

Never seen one . Only view I have on “ Alternative “  brand guns , is how much of a kicking you will take if you don’t like the gun or in future ever wish to trade up .  The reason there are not many to be seen is simply that it’s competing in the same price bracket as the UK’s most popular gun the B525 sporter , also  the Silver Pigeon where a lot of Beretta owners start . I suppose it’s a bit like owning a Subaru , you have to dare to be different . 

I’ve just looked at a TGS video on this gun and there certainly seems to be a lot to recommend it .  At around £1500 new  ( one on Guntrader at £1395 ! )  it’s a lot of gun and seems a nicely put together package  . I particularly like the look of simple adjustable comb and adjustable trigger which will mean you can set it up spot on , I’ve got a very similar comb adjuster set up on a K80 and it never moves , much better than some of the newer  through the stock types IMHO . I like the fact that it has the “ old fashioned “ slim open grip , so does the MK 38 trap gun , anyone can hold it , the same can’t be said about some “ modern” palm swells . The only  real physical downside the video showed  is that perhaps it’s a little short ? So I’d factor In anothe £100 or so to have another pad and spaced fitted .  

If you like Beretta style guns than hinge on trunnions it could suit you , if you prefer deeper  action Browning type guns it’s probably not for you .  

Just while I’m on a rant .... why do lots of gun makers use “ gold” triggers , it’s tacky !!!  Miroku get this right , triggers should be polished steel or such . 

If  you get to shoot one post up your thoughts . 

And then there's the support aspect of owning a niche gun. Specifically: What happens if the gun develops a problem?

Whilst I understand that owning something a bit left field is appealing, having £1.5K in a gun that could well be an orphan in 2 years time is less appealing - no matter how good it is.

For a well supported alternative in the Silver Pigeon/525 price range my choice would be the Fabarm Elos N2 sporting. As part of the Caesar Guerini group, Fabarms have good build integrity and the after sale support is among the best around.

Never seen one . Only view I have on “ Alternative “  brand guns , is how much of a kicking you will take if you don’t like the gun or in future ever wish to trade up .  The reason there are not many to be seen is simply that it’s competing in the same price bracket as the UK’s most popular gun the B525 sporter , also  the Silver Pigeon where a lot of Beretta owners start . I suppose it’s a bit like owning a Subaru , you have to dare to be different . 

I’ve just looked at a TGS video on this gun and there certainly seems to be a lot to recommend it .  At around £1500 new  ( one on Guntrader at £1395 ! )  it’s a lot of gun and seems a nicely put together package  . I particularly like the look of simple adjustable comb and adjustable trigger which will mean you can set it up spot on , I’ve got a very similar comb adjuster set up on a K80 and it never moves , much better than some of the newer  through the stock types IMHO . I like the fact that it has the “ old fashioned “ slim open grip , so does the MK 38 trap gun , anyone can hold it , the same can’t be said about some “ modern” palm swells . The only  real physical downside the video showed  is that perhaps it’s a little short ? So I’d factor In anothe £100 or so to have another pad and spaced fitted .  

If you like Beretta style guns than hinge on trunnions it could suit you , if you prefer deeper  action Browning type guns it’s probably not for you .  

Just while I’m on a rant .... why do lots of gun makers use “ gold” triggers , it’s tacky !!!  Miroku get this right , triggers should be polished steel or such . 

If  you get to shoot one post up your thoughts . 
Thanks for that and I agree with everything you say really, I’m not worried about being niche as long as I can get parts (but dealing directly with Italian gun shops for parts has so far proved infinitely better/faster/cheaper than UK ones!) I think in my mind I was seeing this gun as a potentially better value for money gun than the Beretta 690 Black but was a bit concerned about its rarity in the UK. I’ve not seen the TGS review yet but Shooting UK also rave about it. I really like it’s clean looks but agree about gold triggers - like having gold taps I guess. 

And then there's the support aspect of owning a niche gun. Specifically: What happens if the gun develops a problem?

Whilst I understand that owning something a bit left field is appealing, having £1.5K in a gun that could well be an orphan in 2 years time is less appealing - no matter how good it is.

For a well supported alternative in the Silver Pigeon/525 price range my choice would be the Fabarm Elos N2 sporting. As part of the Caesar Guerini group, Fabarms have good build integrity and the after sale support is among the best around.
Another good point yes I’m hovering over the amount I want to spend on an o/u because I have an investment in other shooting disciplines and until I do more shooting generally I’m not sure whether clays will be the main one or just a fill in, I completely agree about starting a few steps up though and I’d rather buy used if I can. I’ll read up about the Elos later. 

never really seen a bad review on any gun  !!    seems they are all fantastic   ! 
Yes it does seem to be like that, it’s now down to trying to gauge the level of fantasticness and reading between the lines!

The importer is Viking Arms , up in North Yorkshire , they have been around for ages , so I’d not be too concerned about backup , they are agents for a fair few big firearms names including Ruger .

Really? Says who? I have no problem whatsoever with the gold trigger on my MX8 one of the best triggers on any gun made

Anyone on here got or shot one? The reviews I’ve seen are encouraging for. £1500 (ish) gun but there don’t seem to be many about so..?
If you can get over to Cambridge Gun Club, they have a demo you could try. 👍

Part of me is thinking for 600 quid I can go buy an ATA SP (which actually look really nice) because it will still shoot way better than I can! 

When looking for a budget gun there's a school of thought which suggests that used Beretta, Miroku, or Brownings are great options because they are reliable and spare parts are readily available.

When looking for a budget gun there's a school of thought which suggests that used Beretta, Miroku, or Brownings are great options because they are reliable and spare parts are readily available.
Yep, but a lot of satisfaction beating ppl with your cheap Turkish gun to be had I imagine! In all seriousness though the latest SP range seem to hold up quite well in the reviews and they certainly look good (if you like berettas which I do) - admittedly the laminated stock one is pushing the taste boundaries somewhat. 

Yes I like Berettas so I bought a err . . . Beretta :smile:

Don't know about laminated stock shotguns, I had a lam stock Anschutz target rifle and loved it

Yes I like Berettas so I bought a err . . . Beretta :smile:

Don't know about laminated stock shotguns, I had a lam stock Anschutz target rifle and loved it
Fair enough, I tend to think of them as trying to look like something they’re not but they are pretty. 

BTW I’m getting some damned good Marocchi offers ringing around, can’t decide if that’s good or bad 😆 

Last edited by a moderator:
well you  know you want to
If I could find a used black Beretta 690 I’d have that but the only ones I’ve found so far are mint almost new ones at almost new greedy gun shop prices which I’m not going to pay, pity they’ve not been about longer. 

The Marocchi seemed better value but they’re  not really on the used market far as I can tell so that means buying new and I’d rather a used one that’s already worn in.

But then the ATA appeals because of its Beretta looks, almost disposable price and, when bought deliberately, has a certain ‘park your 2CV among the Range Rovers’ feel about it which I would enjoy. If a used (not knackered) one came up for like 12p that would be even sweeter  

Funny really I very nearly bought a new 692 black edition about two months ago until I cottoned on to how much of a rip it all is. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back