LEAD SHOT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Nash

Can you still use Lead Shot cartridges while shooting Clays over a Pond, or do you have to use non Toxic any one know. Thanks Joe.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go to Kibworth shooting ground you will shoot over a pond and there is no restriction on shot type. They have been doing this for many years. Plant life grows on the pond but obviously no wild life.

Vic.

If you go to Kibworth shooting ground you will shoot over a pond and there is no restriction on shot type. They have been doing this for many years. Plant life grows on the pond but obviously no wild life.

Vic.
Thanks Vic, thought I had better ask before shooting over it with clays, but I do have Ducks and other waterfowl come into it at Night. Joe.

If the pond is not on a clay shooting ground , but for example on a farm , you need to understand the rules for shooting over wetlands. 

The simple answer is you must not use lead shot on wetlands which are the habitat for wildfowl . 

I agree with MartynB - or rather that's my understanding from what I have read -

Lead - clay grounds is a GO, but farmlands is a NO - Surely you'll want steel shot? Or is it copper coated?? I dont shoot wetland so not 100% but that's what I remember from what I read..

Anything on BASC?

Latest posts

Back