Anyone for a meet up at sporting targets(riseley) or Atkin Grant & Lang

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam17

Hi All,

Looking for a buddy up, one off or more regular, what ever suits.

Any questions or arrangements let me know..

Will do chap. Good stuff. Where is your usual clay dusting?
Sorry, just seen.. I have shot at 14 different grounds this period, but AGL, Hornet (College Farm), EJC, Owls Lodge, Westfield, Southdown are some of the real regulars. Only AGL anywhere near you I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, just seen.. I have shot at 14 different grounds this period, but AGL, Hornet (College Farm), EJC, Owls Lodge, Westfield, Southdown are some of the real regulars. Only AGL anywhere near you I think.
Wow, get about ay!. It seems your a serious shooter so no surprise..

Yeh S/T and AGL are my 2 closest that offer pay n play, I'm not one for comps or the 50-100 bird days, for me its just a bit of fun on my days off work (not that I don't take it seriously, just not competition serious) I guess I wouldn't say no to a comp, but like the ability to choose which stand to go on and how many I choose to shoot. Still very new at this. So some times I like to stick to a stand if I'm particularly struggling to hit a target - (crossers - particularly)

for instance, last Wednesday (after a 4 week break due to lack of funds and tennis elbow 6 weeks in), I got just under 60 out of 100. still suffering muchly with tennis elbow - its horrible. I started to feel it more so after 40-50 cartridges, by 70 id had enough, but carried on to 100.

Not only that, I proper suck at crossers .. But it was nice to get back out and dust a few clays.

Wow, get about ay!. It seems your a serious shooter so no surprise..

Yeh S/T and AGL are my 2 closest that offer pay n play, I'm not one for comps or the 50-100 bird days, for me its just a bit of fun on my days off work (not that I don't take it seriously, just not competition serious) I guess I wouldn't say no to a comp, but like the ability to choose which stand to go on and how many I choose to shoot. Still very new at this. So some times I like to stick to a stand if I'm particularly struggling to hit a target - (crossers - particularly)

for instance, last Wednesday (after a 4 week break due to lack of funds and tennis elbow 6 weeks in), I got just under 60 out of 100. still suffering muchly with tennis elbow - its horrible. I started to feel it more so after 40-50 cartridges, by 70 id had enough, but carried on to 100.

Not only that, I proper suck at crossers .. But it was nice to get back out and dust a few clays.
FWIW, I agree that some decent practice is the best way to get going. However, once you’re hitting 60% on a reasonable practice course, you might consider the CPSA events. Don’t get hung up on the word “competition”. You don’t have to join CPSA and can just buy a practice card to experience the courses. It’s the cheapest way of shooting good varied targets and will pull you onward. 

Latest posts

Back