Practical Shotgun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Practical Shotgun is just so far removed from anything that I want to do with a shotgun .

It might be called “ practical “  but  I can’t see one real practical purpose in everyday life for a civilian  . I suppose it just exists for its own sake,  as a replacement to the various “ combat pistol “ disciplines that disappeared after the pistol ban .

I watched the video that MartinJ linked .  

Two things made me smile ,

1) the presenter’s Tee shirt ,  how to be taken seriously , wear a Confederate flag , perhaps he drives to the shoot in an orange Dodge Charger ! 

2) The casual comments about getting hit by ( presumably ) ricochets , and it not hurting because it’s only #6 “ bird shot “ ....  great in theory until it does hurt 

You do have to wonder what a crackers licensing system we have when someone can’t own a .22 Olympic Target pistol , but Luke Duke Junior can get an 11 shot repeating shotgun . 

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to smile when I saw the confederate flag tee shirt too, and it's not surprising about ricochets with those rubber tyres all over the place.

I watched the video that MartinJ linked .  

Two things made me smile ,

1) the presenter’s Tee shirt ,  how to be taken seriously , wear a Confederate flag , perhaps he drives to the shoot in an orange Dodge Charger ! 

2) The casual comments about getting hit by ( presumably ) ricochets , and it not hurting because it’s only #6 “ bird shot “ ....  great in theory until it does hurt 

You do have to wonder what a crackers licensing system we have when someone can’t own a .22 Olympic Target pistol , but Luke Duke Junior can get an 11 shot repeating shotgun . 
If it’s the video I’ve seen the thing that made me smile was his gun falling apart at the end! 

Can’t see what’s not to like about running about blasting metal targets with a pump tho it looks fun to me. 

Any time you hear a banjo you best  beat feet

Practical Shotgun is just so far removed from anything that I want to do with a shotgun .

It might be called “ practical “  but  I can’t see one real practical purpose in everyday life for a civilian  . I suppose it just exists for its own sake,  as a replacement to the various “ combat pistol “ disciplines that disappeared after the pistol ban .
Clearly you are unaware of the impending zombie apocalypse!  We all know that Western Civilization - and the US in particular - is under attack by a multitude of enemies and preparedness is your personal duty to save the world

Any time you hear a banjo you best  beat feet

Clearly you are unaware of the impending zombie apocalypse!  We all know that Western Civilization - and the US in particular - is under attack by a multitude of enemies and preparedness is your personal duty to save the world
That I can understand . A few years back I spent an afternoon at the Dallas and Fort Worth Gun Club . Indeed Zombie targets were liberally interspaces with the charging terrorist targets . Plenty of lead was sprayed , I felt quite lonely single actioning .38 wad cutters at a Bulls Eye target ! 

Back