Velocity v Superfast

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Spavo

What are people's thoughts on the fibre version of these cartridges comparitively, as chatting to the bloke in a shop today recommended the latter and I noticed they were about the same price as the Velocity which many on here have tried and/or like? The Superfast were 27g, which looked unusual, but I presume that's why they're cheaper than if they were 28g, but just a guess.

And has anyone seen these for £200 or less per thousand down south at all cos I wouldn't mind buying a slab to try or summat but don't want a shedload and find out I simply don't get on with them?! saving to move house means one tends to watch the pennies! 😏

Geoff Lucas has both advertised, he's not too far from you

Velocity @ £201

Superfast @ £205

Quirks - 1. He only accepts cash 2. you need to ring before you turn up to check stocks and prices 3.He doesn't do much in Plastic wads (Remember SGC)

Call 07721413332

Forgefarm.co.uk/

I always take extra cash because once I get in his ammo room I'm like a kid in a sweet shop, he'll sell by the slab.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only ever shoot fibre and shot Superfasts for years. I've not tried the later version of the Velocities, but they used to be a bit thumpy. Both decent cartridges, so best go with the ones you prefer after you've tried a slab or two of each. 

Meant to say, the reason they say 27g  on the Hulls is due to the manufacturing process (can't recall the specific reason) but it means they can't be 100% certain that each and every shell will have a minimum of 28g of lead shot in it. So, they just say 27g.

In reality it's possibly just one or two individual shot that could be taking the weight to 27.99g if you get me? 

Not sure where you are but Eastern sporting at Chelmsford sell velocity 7.5 28g fibre @ £197 per thousand, set price just split by 4 to get slab price 👍🏻

both are good, also worth a try are express power reds,very hard hitting with low recoil. I am happy using any of the three .

I prefer to shoot Velocity+. Not as fast as Superfast so IMO are less punchy although I'm not a person who really gets concerned over recoil. I've shot Velocity+ for a good few years now and don't have any complaints. 

both are good, also worth a try are express power reds,very hard hitting with low recoil. I am happy using any of the three .
Interesting. The main thread two are 1500 MV and these are slightly less than the TT1 I currently use at 1410 compared to the Fiocchi's 1425. Curious as to if it all makes any difference whatsoever for a non-pro. Go, go, Gadget headgames!! :)

Interesting. The main thread two are 1500 MV and these are slightly less than the TT1 I currently use at 1410 compared to the Fiocchi's 1425. Curious as to if it all makes any difference whatsoever for a non-pro. Go, go, Gadget headgames!! :)
Gamebore do Velocity+ 28g at 1410 in 7.5 and 8. They also do Velocity+ HV 26g at 1500 in 7.5

I'd not get too bothered about the stated speeds. Just try a few slabs of each and see how you get on. 

You will notice a difference in recoil between the two Gamebore loads... but from a pellets reaching the target, I don't think you'll notice. I do prefer to keep shooting the same cartridge though.

No,most manufacturers figures are fantasy!

Not sure if they have fibre but Horne sell super fasts if you shoot there, Reigate gun makers has V+ in fibre usually 

Back