Train travel

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Jenkins

Anyone taken a gun on Thameslink? Have been waiting for ages for a reply to an email asking them whether they permit it. Para 23.5 of the National Rail Conditions of Travel say that it’s at the discretion of individual train operating companies and subject to any instructions they give.

Put it in a hard case and bung that in a cricket bag and who would know what it was.  Just don't let it out of your sight.

Yes I’ve seen this done you have to wear a cowboy hat and crawl along the top of the carriages with it. 

Thameslink say no problem provided in a hard case and certificate with you at all times, with a strong recommendation to let British Transport Police and the train staff know in advance where you are going, on what train, at what time.

Nick

I did this with a Beretta auto last October. Newcastle to Kings Cross, and then to Bromley on Thameslink. Kept it discreet(as best I could with Beretta stencilled in white across the case). I had Licence with me and didn’t bother telling anybody. No worries, even the old bill with  their H&K,s didn’t bat an eye. Keep it discreet and you should have no worries. 👍😁

There is a youngish lad that i see regularly all over the place shooting,he nearly always takes the train and only ever uses a gunslip.

There was a post on facebook this week about travelling on the train with gun in slip..

Personally, from my town id rather get a taxi if I had to use public transport - more likely get robbed and beaten for it..

Otherwise id break it down in a holdall of sorts or tennis racket case...

Some people might be surprised at the contents of Hockey Stick bags in our city centres, there's no sense drawing attention to what you are carrying.

Latest posts

Back