limmy01

Chokes

limmy01

I currently have a beretta 686 and a 690 mark 3.. as standard they both come with the flush chokes.. I really like the chokes that stick out from the barrel like the Teague ones.

Am I able to change over to the ones that stick out like Teague, will the threads be the same?

Jamie 

MJJ

If you go on Teagues website it will show you the different types they do. EI - Flush, extended, etc.

b725black
Posted (edited)

have a look on the beretta euro store website, think they do them at not silly money

Edited by b725black
spelling

westley

As long as you match the chokes ie :-  Mobil (short ),  or Optima (long) to the originals, then any of the after market chokes will fit.  I have several extended Briley chokes that I use in my old 303 auto without any problems.  I would look on Guntrader, Fleabay, or on here or Pigeon Watch for second hand chokes. They come up quite regularly for sale, expect to pay £20 to £25 second hand.  You really do NOT need a full set of chokes. Although I have 5 Briley chokes, I only use 1/4 (I/C) for all my sporting shooting and up it to 1/2 ( Mod ) for pigeon shooting.

Martinj

I found these on the GMK site and Avalon Guns, if you order the correct type it will fit your gun, my 686 silver pig has Optima chokes so I could use the ones shown below.

If I found these in a couple of minutes you'll find more choices with a bit of delving

CH2.JPG.38ad0cb22c75a01c2608aaf30850b8a1.JPGCH1.JPG.d2bc17f32e79634a1bcc31df947e2928.JPG

Wonko the Sane

I would be curious as to what it is that you expect to gain by your investment?

limmy01
1 minute ago, Wonko the Sane said:

I would be curious as to what it is that you expect to gain by your investment?

Absolutely nothing other than the fact I like the look of them 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Martinj

a perfectly acceptable reason

Wonko the Sane

Ah!  the elusive Kool Faktor ! ! !  A subtle and often underappreciated aspect of aggressive marketing.  Always satisfying to see it in action

rocky

Funnily enough if I ever get around to buying a gun I’ll be swapping the extended chokes for flush ones because I don’t like the look of extended ones.. horses for courses :) 

El Spavo

Handy for tightening and untightening though... the guys I shoot with almost have a subconscious fiddle with their extended chokes every few stands whereas mine only need the bloody key every time I clean the barrels.

Martinj
Posted (edited)

But they look nice eh? eh? :smile:

Edited by Martinj