Beretta 692 normal?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S Gun

Hi guys,

New to the forum and clay shooting in general 🖐️. Have recently acquired a used 692. Have put about 600 carts through it with no issues but noticed a small chip/missing bit next to each ejector spring hole (excuse terminology). They appear to be the same size and location on both barrels but look odd. Is this normal?

Thanks for you help,

20190520_181557.jpg

20190520_181615.jpg

Struggling to see what you mean, all looks ok to me.

Apologies, it was a vague description. Look at the ejector spring pin holes, centre of them, pointing towards the barrels, the small amount of missing metal. It's clearer on the first picture. 

Thanks,

S

More than likely for the retention of oil/grease on the ejectors - looks like it might need some

Ah, I see now. Can't say I have ever noticed on any of mine

21-05-2019 19-45-52.jpg

Here? 

I wouldn't think it was for oil because it's not a rotating part, my silver pig hasn't got them.

Just a thought! it's a groove running down the hole to let the air in and out when the ejector plunger moves in and out. It's to keep the ejectors working smoothly. You can imagine a drop of oil creating a seal and you need to allow the air to escape.

Last edited by a moderator:
This 692 has the type of ejector introduced with the SV10s and they are beefier and better located than the 68x family ejectors. This is probably an engineering kludge because they intrude slightly on the chambers.

Gun needs a decent clean BTW.👍

Thanks for the replies. I'm mainly trying to see if they are meant to be there or not. Is damage/wear possible here? (I have since cleaned it 😃)

Cheers

S

I suspect they're okay. The ejector problems with that design were related to the eject/extract selector thingy not wear or damage in the channels. The best way to check would be to take the ejectors out and inspect but it's rather more tricky on those than the 68x models and there are at least 3 versions of selector prior to Beretta reverting to non selectable ejectors about a year ago. If you do take them out look closely at the 'O' rings on the selectors and replace them if they look battered.

If you don't fancy removing the ejectors, get some pipe cleaners and some gt85  (£1.99 Aldi). Spray with gt85 and clean under the ejectors with pipe cleaner. Apply some gun oil to the ejector legs and stand the barrels up to allow the oil to run down the ejector legs. 

This 692 has the type of ejector introduced with the SV10s and they are beefier and better located than the 68x family ejectors. This is probably an engineering kludge because they intrude slightly on the chambers.

Gun needs a decent clean BTW.👍
Dont think my guns have ever been as clean as that gun 

Thanks for the replies. I'm mainly trying to see if they are meant to be there or not. Is damage/wear possible here? (I have since cleaned it 😃
I mentioned a likely reason above, if you want to know for sure, remove an ejector and check to see if the hole has a groove running down it, a groove means it is an airway. If you don't do this you will never know.

Cover the end to catch the spring :smile:

There is no way that this can be normal wear and there must be a logical reason for it.

Apologies for the very late reply, have been mega busy. Got round to taking the ejectors out and there isn't a grove, Almost looks like it's a chip of some description. Hopefully won't give me any issues fingers crossed. Unless anyone knows different? I'll mention it when I get it serviced at some point.

Cheers,

S

Apologies for the very late reply, have been mega busy. Got round to taking the ejectors out and there isn't a grove, Almost looks like it's a chip of some description. Hopefully won't give me any issues fingers crossed. Unless anyone knows different? I'll mention it when I get it serviced at some point.

Cheers,

S
This was intriguing me so just had the 692 (2013 model I believe) out the cabinet and looked, it does NOT have those little holes/chips/ grooves.

Poorly machined part of the gun... but I don't think it is likely to cause any problems for you.

It would seem it is poor manufacture then. Hopefully will give no problems. Other than that I like it very much although haven't owned it that long.

S

Back