browning laminate sl

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

anyone  here  shooting the new browning sporter laminate  ?   would appreciate your  comments      ,    they look  a decent buy !

FWIW there is a review of the gun in the current issue of ‘The Field’.

the bit that caught my eye was the assertion that the laminate stock somehow reduces felt recoil.

I have never shot a gun of any kind with a laminate stock - so the idea intrigues me..........

FWIW there is a review of the gun in the current issue of ‘The Field’.

the bit that caught my eye was the assertion that the laminate stock somehow reduces felt recoil.

I have never shot a gun of any kind with a laminate stock - so the idea intrigues me..........
I would be surprised if it did. I assume it’s lighter than wood, so should be worse!

Its all marketing BS really. Anything to sell a gun. You either like the laminate or not. Its still a 525. 

Really inexpensive sturdy woods dyed and used for stocks are heavy to start with.  The bonding resins are reportedly heavier than the wood as well.  Makes a marginally heavier stock.  BFD.  Way easy to lighten stocks.  Lam stocks have been around for decades and have a rep for warp/crack free and sturdy if you don't mind the way they look.  

Last edited by a moderator:
When all the walnut is gone Laminate stocks will be the norm.

Winchester Select had the exact same Laminate stock and I don't see many around.

Not my thing on a shotgun, if not walnut I prefer synthetic.

Was told they can be difficult to repair without it being visible.

Each to their own, but don't fall for the marketing twaddle it's still only a 525.

Latest posts

Back