Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nick_c

E J Churchill cartridges

nick_c

Afternoon, after some cartridges, just spoken to Churchill's, they are selling gamebore white gold branded as Hellfire Pro at quite a saving over white gold prices.

Seems like a good buy.

Salopian

What price are the Hellfire Pro please ?

I do believe Gamebore load a few similar loads to the White Gold but without the Diamond shot .

Will Hewland

I’ve use them sometimes. Very good. With Diamond shot. Seem slightly smoother than white gold too. I think primer may be different. £216 in plas. £228 fibre I think. 

nick_c

Just looking at the white gold spec on the gamebore website, states the 7.5 cartridge has 2.4mm lead, so more like a size 7. 

Assume the Hellfire pro are the same. 

Westward

Gamebore shells using Diamond shot are always in Euro sizes. Only Gamebore know why this is so.

nick_c
2 hours ago, Will Hewland said:

I’ve use them sometimes. Very good. With Diamond shot. Seem slightly smoother than white gold too. I think primer may be different. £216 in plas. £228 fibre I think. 

What cartridges are you shooting at the moment Will? I try to shoot Rio target, on your recommended, in size 8. Can be hard to get hold of. 

Will Hewland
1 hour ago, nick_c said:

What cartridges are you shooting at the moment Will? I try to shoot Rio target, on your recommended, in size 8. Can be hard to get hold of. 

Love the Rio but found recoil a bit high when I moved to the Blaser. (My Perazzi had a recoil reducer). I now use mainly Gamebore Evo. Medium recoil and reasonable price. I also used some of the EJC Hellfire pro but couldn’t really see a gain and Evo a little softer on the shoulder too. 

ChrisPackham

I use these for early Grouse and early Partridge, absolutely superb