UK Sporting Clays Magazines

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GulfCoast

Hello!  Lurking Yank here.  We have NO decent clay shooting magazines here in 'merica, other than Clayshooting USA.  I already subscribe to the UK edition "Clay Shooting."  Are there any other UK sporting clays magazines to which I should look into subscribing?  Thanks!

Not just a poor show for clay shooting magazines , I think all of the U.K. general shooting publications are pretty poor. The fly fishing magazines follow a similar pattern, but then again there are only so many times you can read the “ same old , same old “ . 

Small market in the UK.

Magazines traditionally consist of more than 50% advertising, out of date event and fixture notes and well worn articles on equipment you *NEED*

but mostly glossy pictures of items that are reviewed in glowing terms ( don't want to tick off the advertisers ). Has anyone EVER seen a magazine article that says 'don't buy this **** because it's crap' ? ( Perhaps Clarkson might have written something like that once somewhere ) 

Oh, and the paper industry is massively damaging to the environment.

Buy a cheap tablet and put it in the bog magazine rack ....... at least people can browse a forum and get some up-to-date bollocks while on the throne!

Cynic, moi?

( A long, long time ago I taught myself programming from a magazine series. It led to a career in the IT industry ( Thank you Elektor magazine ) but the same, in fact vastly superior courses and material is available,constantly being updated, critiqued and tuned on the old interweb these days ) 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!  Lurking Yank here.  We have NO decent clay shooting magazines here in 'merica, other than Clayshooting USA.  I already subscribe to the UK edition "Clay Shooting."  Are there any other UK sporting clays magazines to which I should look into subscribing?  Thanks!
I suggest you download the PressReader app and have a look for yourself. It has a monthly subscription but you may be able to get free access via an airline or hotel loyalty scheme or an introductory free period. There are plenty of mags but whether they are worth reading is up to you!

Try looking at Shooting Times, Sporting Shooter, Sporting Gun, Shooting Gazette and The Field.

cheers

I  think The Field is a rare thing , it’s a glossy £5 magazine that’s actually worth the money , although if Clays are your main  interest you’ll be out of luck . However to  anyone who has a wider sporting interest  it’s a refreshing change from the continuous repetition of some of the other mags . I’ve just lent about 20 back issues to a friend who was looking for menu ideas for a Young Farmers competition, part of which is “ Prepare a Shoot Lunch “.  They haven’t been returned and I don’t expect I’ll see them again , as she has started reading them from cover to cover,  not just the country kitchen articles ! 

I suggest you download the PressReader app and have a look for yourself. It has a monthly subscription but you may be able to get free access via an airline or hotel loyalty scheme or an introductory free period. There are plenty of mags but whether they are worth reading is up to you!

Try looking at Shooting Times, Sporting Shooter, Sporting Gun, Shooting Gazette and The Field.

cheers
Thank you for the suggestions.  Now that Shotgun Sports has become nothing but re-tread articles,  we are in a bleak spot over here. 

I  think The Field is a rare thing , it’s a glossy £5 magazine that’s actually worth the money , although if Clays are your main  interest you’ll be out of luck . However to  anyone who has a wider sporting interest  it’s a refreshing change from the continuous repetition of some of the other mags . I’ve just lent about 20 back issues to a friend who was looking for menu ideas for a Young Farmers competition, part of which is “ Prepare a Shoot Lunch “.  They haven’t been returned and I don’t expect I’ll see them again , as she has started reading them from cover to cover,  not just the country kitchen articles ! 
We have a new "start up" magazine here in the deep South along those lines called "Garden and Gun."  I hope it makes it, it is fairly heavy on the "Garden," and not so much on the "Gun."

There is a free UK magazine called Clay Shooter, it might be worth a look. CaptureXZX.JPG

Shooting Times, Sporting Shooter, Sporting Gun, Shooting Gazette and The Field cover all aspects of shooting in the UK, not just clays.

My wife gets "The Field" from friends who circulate shooting mags, it is fine if you are interested in shooting UK game in all of it's variants - deer stalking and grouse in Scotland, pheasant and partridges, recipes etc. and the purchase of houses with more zeros in the price than you can shake a stick at. Not much in the way of clays. A classic magazine for the dentist's waiting room because it's a bit "posh". 

Interesting! it seems you can get free, online issues of Clay Shooter at

amazon.co.uk/Clay-Shooting-Magazine/dp/B00KR9Z2YI

Just put this in front

https://www.

Not sure if it will work in the USA

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back