Easter weekend

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynno

Well as it’s the Easter weekend, who has the full four days lined up to shoot.

personally I’m trying for Friday, Saturday and Monday. I could shoot at meadowcroft on Sunday but 

somehow I don’t fancy being stuck in traffic jams on the M4 around the Newport area on my way home.

Yes it’s a busy one potentially. I’ve got EJC STR today, Westfield or Honesberie tomorrow, Owls Lodge Saturday, boycotting Four Counties on Sunday 😀 and Southdown and Horne on Monday. Apart from that I’m not really shooting much. 

Southdown Fitasc Friday, Owls Lodge Saturday, two shoots yet to be determined Sunday but possibly 4Cs and Meadowcroft, Southdown Sporting and Sportrap Monday.  If I travel to Meadowcroft I need to be able to avoid Bath because travelling back from there the last time we ended up going through Bath and I just cannot take that again.

Southdown Fitasc Friday, Owls Lodge Saturday, two shoots yet to be determined Sunday but possibly 4Cs and Meadowcroft, Southdown Sporting and Sportrap Monday.  If I travel to Meadowcroft I need to be able to avoid Bath because travelling back from there the last time we ended up going through Bath and I just cannot take that again.
And we have a winner!

personally I’m trying for Friday, Saturday and Monday. I could shoot at meadowcroft on Sunday but 

somehow I don’t fancy being stuck in traffic jams on the M4 around the Newport area on my way home.
You not reffing? 

There's a way around car hating Bath using decent roads and which joins the M4 to the A39/A4 roundabout where you pick up the A39 for the short run down to Marksbury. If you come off M4 at J18 and go south on the A46 then take the A420 west towards Keynsham.  Ignore the left turn toward the racecourse and after a couple of miles turn left at a big roundabout. This route is about 3 miles longer but much less stressful. Lookup Keynsham Bypass on google maps and it all becomes clear.

There's a way around car hating Bath using decent roads and which joins the M4 to the A39/A4 roundabout where you pick up the A39 for the short run down to Marksbury. If you come off M4 at J18 and go south on the A46 then take the A420 west towards Keynsham.  Ignore the left turn toward the racecourse and after a couple of miles turn left at a big roundabout. This route is about 3 miles longer but much less stressful. Lookup Keynsham Bypass on google maps and it all becomes clear.
Thank you.

You not reffing? 
No Jeremy, my first reffing duties of the year might well be at one of the welsh fitasc shoots. Otherwise I’ll see you and Laine at garlands...... has she forgiven me for giving her a warning last year at Doveridge 

Blimey Will and Sian - not too busy this week-end then. I will catch up with you both sometime if you are going slow enough 🤣🤣

Just a tomorrow afternoon for me because I’m still being mentored but I’m extraordinarily happy about it nonetheless  :D  

I am at Ychoux for the 2 day French UT GP practice tomorrow shoot Sat and Sun back in the garden Mon. Pleasant enough weather about 25C with some nice sunshine forecast so lets hope I hit some  :)

Mine started early.  Yesterday at Sporting Targets with a mate and Ed Solomons.  Off to Dartford in a minute for some practice.  Probably Willow Farm tomorrow and Sunday.  Southdown on Monday.  I've never shot Sportrap before, but I'm chucking myself in the deep end with the Sussex County Championship for my first ever go.

Might well see you Monday, thats if youve not gorged too much on the Easter Bunny

I’m contemplating the truck down to Southdown on Monday for the esp will depend on how the rest of my weekend pans out

Might well see you Monday, thats if youve not gorged too much on the Easter Bunny
Yes you will rich, hopefully I’ll be there by 11.30 ish, and I think longridge will be very busy....

are you going to try Rob Evans shoot on the following Wednesday at Cefn Tylla ??

Latest posts

Back