Fiocchi TT1's.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limmy01

Good Day,

Ben reading up on Fiocchi TT1's. and would like to give them a try, looked at a few shops around me but they don't seem to stock them. Anyone know where i could grab a slab to try around leicestershire, derby or notts?

Many thanks Jamie 

I found them to be OK but dirty, leaving a lot of carbon in the barrels.  That was over a few different slab batches. 

I found them to be OK but dirty, leaving a lot of carbon in the barrels.  That was over a few different slab batches. 
I never saw that as a real problem as you have to clean your barrels anyway, unless they are hard chromed in which case it still doesn't matter. I have used TT1's and found them to be reliable.

They will be much the same as any other cartridge... if you point them in the right direction the targets will break. Some say that Fiocchi cartridges are thumpy but I used TT2's as well as Fblack and I think they are ok but, as I always find out,it is the bloke putting them in the gun that shows what they can do.

The one cartridge around that price that is pleasant to shoot , hits hard enough , and is clean enough .. Eley Olympic Blues . I’ve shot thousands and never had a problem with them  . 

I only shoot fibre's, I have used Gamebore Velocity+ and Evo;  Eley Select; Lyalvale English Sporter and at the moment Jocker LA (as I can get these for £183 per thousand).

Not much difference between any of them in use (I can shoot well and bad with all of them), I just buy based on price. Not bothered if one is slightly dirtier than the other, as I clean my gun after every shoot.

Good Day,

Ben reading up on Fiocchi TT1's. and would like to give them a try, looked at a few shops around me but they don't seem to stock them. Anyone know where i could grab a slab to try around leicestershire, derby or notts?

Many thanks Jamie 
Bloody great shell.  Like any shells, keep them nice and warm (mine go in the airing cupboard much to the chagrin of my darling wife), and they will be clean and hard hitting.

cheers all, will grab a slab when i'm next at garlands. The dirty barrels don't worry me as i always run a bore snake through them. Will also grab a slab of Eley Olympic Blues

Jamie 

I'm on TT1s at present too. Reliable and well priced. I also carry some fBlacks with me for any targets where I need a confidence boost!

I tried a couple of FBlacks this morning. Haven’t used one for about 5 years, which I then thought were loud and thumpy. Today, they seemed pretty smooth! Does anybody think they changed in recent years?

I've only been shooting for a year, so can't comment on older fBlack releases, but I've always found them fairly smooth. I find perceived recoil to be greater than say TT1s, but they certainly aren't thumpy (at least not through my mk38)

I tried 50 f blacks in FIBRE recently after advice on here, must admit I loved them,very smooth /light recoil(to me) and great breaks,only downside is only available in one shot size, and price really, but for a comp where the cost is secondary to the score I would use them,in fact thinking of getting some plas wad 8s(english 7.5?) for the odd place where I can use them.along with superbs..

Try the fblacks in 8.5. great. 

To the original op .the tt1 are good. My shooting friend uses them in 8's flavour. Nothing out there they won't break if your on em. 

Personally use the fblu , better cartridge ( high end wad and 5% antimony) than the TT for not too much more cash.

Jasper

Last edited by a moderator:
Back