Masters

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salopian

Just to clarify , Mark Winser and Ben Husthwiate DID NOT win the Masters , Tiger did by two.

Yes he did, but he took four days to do it, mark did it in one........

Would have been a shoot off, but Ben H couldn't be there on the Sunday so it went to Mark W.

How did they separate them as both were on 193? Was there a sudden death shoot off?
No, Ben had pre-arranged tuition booked in Ireland and didn't want to cancel them to make the shoot off, he graciously said that Mark was deservedly awarded the title according to the rules. 

The social media presance for the EM is pants.  I know they don't need to do anything to promote their sold out event, but even hunting down daily scores seems a mission.  

Lloyd I have never seen them put a full scores list up. Best you can do is take photos of all the boards before you leave. Or hope some competitors did after it finished and they post them on FB ect.

I don't think it's too much to ask for them to post up the scores by class every day as they add the scores.

Its a 1980's event. Many love it, i just found it a huge straw baler. Their idea of scoring modernity was to introduce some different coloured pens for the scoreboard.

I know this can of worms has been opened before, but as a software dev working mainly on Microsofts Azure platform, things like this could be dragged kicking and screaming into 2019 very easily, for not nearly as much money as people would think.

I know this can of worms has been opened before, but as a software dev working mainly on Microsofts Azure platform, things like this could be dragged kicking and screaming into 2019 very easily, for not nearly as much money as people would think.
Wotcha on about mate, don’t you know we got inside loos and running water now Essex ain’t behind the times I’ll ave you know.....

It’s not the technology. Its the technophobia / techno-ignorance of the folk running it. They won’t even understand WHY you would want to sort it out. 

When I started comp shooting in 2005 I suggested to several grounds that they could email out scores that night and got a mixture of laughter and anger from the shoot staff for suggesting it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been brought up before.  There have been simple, stable scoring/reporting programs capable of dealing with a few thousand entries for decades.  Silly as the game may be, ATA trap has a Grand that gathers several thousand shooters competing over the span of a week shooting several events daily.  Reporting is very near real-time.  There are as well interfacing programs that track all the different money being played on all of those events and cranks out the lists of payouts.  I have never heard of anyone complaining about any of those programs having problems.

I mean, it's just a list!  What's the BFD?  I suspect that most 10year olds could have Excel doing that in maybe 1/2hr.  At the outside.  On a smart phone

I was told apparently they keep the social media to a bare minimum because of the locals complaining about the noise. Last year there was supposedly a lot of complaints. Hence why it's shot over a smaller area in the valley bottom now and an earth bund has appeared. If there is too much social media it gives more information to the locals to use against them.

Just to clarify , Mark Winser and Ben Husthwiate DID NOT win the Masters , Tiger did by two.

early last week there was a note on the news that some fool had bet $85K on Tiger to win and that would roll into $1.5mil if it happened.  Everybody on the news staff had a good laugh about it.  Haven't heard a word on it since..........

Lloyd I have never seen them put a full scores list up. Best you can do is take photos of all the boards before you leave. Or hope some competitors did after it finished and they post them on FB ect.

I don't think it's too much to ask for them to post up the scores by class every day as they add the scores.
They do put a full list up each year, usually about 2 or 3 days after it finishes.

Never found one yet, do you know where it's posted up at? 

Would be good to see.

Is it a  proper

compiled list or photos of the boards?

Latest posts

Back