Pilla alternatives

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anybody reccomend a good alternative to Pilla glasses?

I know the quality of them is second to none, but what a hefty price tag! Would be nice to find something between them and the awful flimsy things you find on Amazon.

Try the Castellani range for size. Large range of highest quality lens colours(all

made by Zeiss(as are Pillas) but less than half the cost. Can also take prescription inserts as and when you might need them. Can be found. On eBay or direct from the factory at www.castellani.eu. 

Steve

I second the Castellani for the same reasons as Madmillie. 

Check out the offerings from RE Ranger and also Oakley!
I have the Rangers with the inserts and have no problems. Got the spare lenses direct from USA and it worked out much cheaper. Saying that though, Phil has just purchased a pair of Pilla’s and loves them despite the cost!

Some really nice alternatives!

I really like the Castalleni ones, of course I prefer the most expensive set they have...😂

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Some really nice alternatives!

I really like the Castalleni ones, of course I prefer the most expensive set they have...😂

Thanks for all the suggestions.
There’s a place on eBay selling them for £450 for a 3 lens set of the C Max Pros. Worth checking out the factory price as well.

Steve

Also have the rangers . Superb. Really loving the hd58 lens at the mo. Zeiss lens too.

Jasper.

Shoot off glasses do  ranges of similar to pilla with lots of lenses for more sensible money. 

A 9 lens set for under £300.00 

The Castellani ones look like they would interchange with Pilla frames.

I thought that Figgy but Castllani's and Pilla don't fit, they can be squeezed about to fit the end buttons but then the middle one isn't anywhere near to touching the frame, well on mine they didn't. Managed to sell the Pilla's -  love the Castellani's

They do look similar dont they, could be rebranded. Either way i find the clarity of the lens excellent. I have a clear pair and a sort of bronzey ish colour 👍

They do look similar dont they, could be rebranded. Either way i find the clarity of the lens excellent. I have a clear pair and a sort of bronzey ish colour 👍
 . Rest assured you money was well spent. There are lots of things that” look like “  premium eyewear brands /styles but are not . Smith optics are the business . When my Maui Jim  Fly Fishing Polarised  die , I’ll be looking at Smith Chromapop to replace them . 

MartynB

There are a number of things in life that you actually do get what you pay for and optics are one. I am serious when i state that the clarity of the smith lens is equal to pilla imo of course.

My eyes must be bad because I've looked through a set of £600 pilla glasses and through some £9.99 eyelevel and cannot see any difference. Apart from the colour.

Back