One piece cleaning rods available in UK??

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Spavo

Just wondering what people recommend on this subject as most of the info I've been idly browsing seems to return the same makes, Tipton, Dewey, Hoppes, which then make me realise it's mainly American websites that are reviewing them and those aren't necessarily available in Blighty.

If one was to purchase one, what one piece are people on this side of the pond suggesting buying as a viable and actually available alternative?

(also, is the ball bearing handle thing actually relevant to a shotgun as it doesn't have rifling turning on the barrel inners?)

When I bought my first gun in 1998, I got a Napier cleaning set thrown in. Standard two piece cheap wooden rod, which I’m still using. Haven’t dismantled it since 2010, just leans up against my bench. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah, my cr@ppy decathlon kit seems to work fine (at the mo), just finding it hard to find info or reviews on one pieces in the UK, unlike multi rod kits.

Here's a reasonable wooden one that's inexpensive, but erm,... what the actual fu... 🤨

Anyone care to comment?! 😂

Untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah, my cr@ppy decathlon kit seems to work fine (at the mo), just finding it hard to find info or reviews on one pieces in the UK, unlike multi rod kits.

Here's a reasonable wooden one that's inexpensive, but erm,... what the actual fu... 🤨

Anyone care to comment?! 😂

View attachment 7659
Looks exactly like mine. It’s just a rod. It will do. 😀

Atkin , Grant & Lang at Broomhills used to sell a one piece wooden cleaning rod made especially to suit 32" plus barrels ( long ).

Buy the Parker Hale and forget about it, or buy two, one for the bronze brush and one for the mop. Buy a Parker Hale Mop and Brush and there will be no fit issues.

I have an old one with odd threads that I bought from a car boot sale which I just leave assembled for poking tissues through the barrels.

Beware different thread sizes, traditionally they are Ye Olde English but there are others out there.

Back