Browning Miroku Warranty

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartynB

I was on the verge of buying a 20 gauge ,  yesterday I had a play with a few , and found a quite attractively priced new Miroku . 

The shop proprietor , was a very nice guy , and after I discussed  the fact I’d need some cast on the stock , he advised me that  the warranty would be voided , not only on the stock but the gun . Now I’d heard this before as anecdotal talk , but this was straight from the horses mouth so as to speak . 

I understand that if I damage the stock it’s my problem,  but I always assumed game guns had a tight choke as you could open it to suit , however taking .010 out, or sending it Teague Precsion ,  would  for example invalidate the warranty on the entire gun not just the barrels.  It seems  quite ludicrous to me that the customary works in fitting a gun are diminishing the possibility of me buying a new  Miroku . 

Last edited by a moderator:
as you know I am a miroku guy, how about buying a near mint second hand and doing the work with some of the savings and enjoy it, there is a g5 advertised on the miroku forum....(no I dont own it!)

I bought a near mint GD5 , 2017 , only yesterday 😁for what I thought was a competitive price . It was £400 lower than the best deal I could get on a new one , 3 month guarantee , and I got some shells and bits and piece thrown in . I’ve spent a while looking for a good example with a nice straight grain through the hand . 

I’ve just finished giving it a proper cleaning even though it didn’t need it . I degreased it and re-lubricated it with my favourite oils etc .  I’m going to try it out tomorrow. I bought some different weight /size cartridges today , and my farmer mate wants to wage war on corvids and pigeons ! 

to me personally a miroku is still the best value £4£ that you can get in terms of quality/longevity and usability

Back