Noble NSI Prima

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Popped into Coleys to banish demons, it was an open day & heaving, forgot to take enough carts so bought 50 of these which Coleys have on offer at £190 / 1000, shot size 7.5 on cart, through the 3/8 with 30” barrels, one was shooting more successfully, admit the targets were much kinder today and one broke close, edgy and far away targets, the breaks were in my eyes no different than those I manage to achieve using / swapping F3s in 7.5 & 9. Didnt notice any adverse recoil, did though notice far more residue in barrels, 

Whilst the price is attractive the residue issue would put me off swapping brands. 

I have to say that cleanliness of my gun after use,  is a big deciding factor in my cartridge choice, especially in my auto. I am currently using Cheddite 24 gram at £186/1000.

I have to say that cleanliness of my gun after use,  is a big deciding factor in my cartridge choice, especially in my auto. I am currently using Cheddite 24 gram at £186/1000.
Thats cheap .

PS - you have whats app message

Bang for buck is my deciding factor. I'm gonna clean it anyway and another 2 minutes makes no odds. 

Jasper 

Similar, but not much under 200 nearby other than fiocchi tt1 28g which are fine.

Wish a certain VERY near to where i work shop would let me try a one off slab of gamebore velocity for the £200 per 1000 price though... heard good things but annoys me that they cant see beyond immediate profit enough not to buy from them out of principal. Their loss i guess.

Similar, but not much under 200 nearby other than fiocchi tt1 28g which are fine.

Wish a certain VERY near to where i work shop would let me try a one off slab of gamebore velocity for the £200 per 1000 price though... heard good things but annoys me that they cant see beyond immediate profit enough not to buy from them out of principal. Their loss i guess.
You won’t have a problem with Velocity. Good cartridge, good pattern, medium recoil. Fibre and plas versions are good.

Think it's a mental thing now cos it niggles me. Said to him if I liked the slab I'm likely to be a permanent customer buying the 1000 a time that he would like, but he had absolutely zero interest so that's the other reason I don't care about giving him my hard earned wedge. 🖕 😃ironically, he was complaining of the downturn in business... does he honestly wonder why?!

Last edited by a moderator:
You won’t have a problem with Velocity. Good cartridge, good pattern, medium recoil. Fibre and plas versions are good.
The only cartridge i have really disliked for percieved thumpiness, they were plastic, such a choice out there no need to try them again but lots of people seem to like them

The only cartridge i have really disliked for percieved thumpiness, they were plastic, such a choice out there no need to try them again but lots of people seem to like them
Always a bit subjective, as the recoil wave is different and some of us perceive it certain ways (sharp or longer usually). Hull Superfast are about the smoothest plas wad I know if that’s critical. I like EVO because they are pretty smooth and pattern well. Not major money. 

Last edited by a moderator:
tried some fiochi f blue plaswad marked 7.5 and saying 2.4mm today,now I dont normally get to use anything but fibre where I go, these were super smooth ,good breaks ,actually scored a PB at that ground for me, and price seems reasonable, it will be interesting to see how others compare.

Yes I use Fiocchi Fblu plastics, I buy them at Horne Clay Pigeon Club for £53 a slab (last weekend) maybe cheaper per 1000?

I have been constantly impressed by their performance, especially on longer targets and I have found them to be 100% reliable.

Yes I use Fiocchi Fblu plastics, I buy them at Horne Clay Pigeon Club for £53 a slab (last weekend) maybe cheaper per 1000?

I have been constantly impressed by their performance, especially on longer targets and I have found them to be 100% reliable.
Thats pretty cheap.

I have shot tens of thousand of fiocchi blue and black and apart from one bad batch they have been very good. We chronod both quite a few times and they were very consistent as far as observed velocity goes

As pointed out by many, the felt recoil is highly subjective and will obviously be very dependent on the gun being used. Whilst there is clear variation in felt recoil with different cartridges through my mk38, I haven't shot anything where excessive recoil is an issue. I'm therefore currently shooting 28g TTOnes (fibre) because they are available where I am and cheap. Worth noting that I also carry some fBlacks for certain targets (although I suspect it's confidence more than the cartridge itself that helps)

Latest posts

Back