Shoot SP

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmokinn

So sticking a small piece of plastic on your barrel will fix eye dominance?  :logik:

Watched the video by Scott Barnett and it sounds dubious.

Might try my own interpretation🙄

So sticking a small piece of plastic on your barrel will fix eye dominance?  :logik:

I’m thinking they should let me test it because I am truly hard to please and extremely left eye dominant and if it’s works for me it would be a f***ing miracle.

Ben Husthwaite is about to launch the D Rail eye dominance aid,its getting good feedback from those who  have tried it 

Can I presume if you're right eye dominant, and that it's not in question, that if you also shoot right handed (or vice versa) that this sort of stuff is of no use to you, or is there some other training thing that this could be helpful for in some way to focus?

What am i missing with this post ?

Can I presume if you're right eye dominant, and that it's not in question, that if you also shoot right handed (or vice versa) that this sort of stuff is of no use to you, or is there some other training thing that this could be helpful for in some way to focus?
If your dominant eye is on the side you shoot you’d be shooting with twomwyes normally sompresume you don’t need anything.

Don't knock it until you have tried or tested it properly .

It uses new science , endorsed by a University Professor who lectures in Opthalmic Science . Most users that I have seen rave about how it has transformed their shooting and their results.

Sian , if you are as poor as you say you are it may well be a good investment ?

I personally don't have much faith in Easyhit and other 'Rails' as they encourage barrel watching .

Sian have a look on there fb page and you can make a temporary gizmo from blue tack to see if it works for you.

Not wanting to get into the whole eye dom gizmo argument by the way .Just adding some info trying to be helpful.

Sian have a look on there fb page and you can make a temporary gizmo from blue tack to see if it works for you.

Not wanting to get into the whole eye dom gizmo argument by the way .Just adding some info trying to be helpful.
Yes I have seen you can try that.  Maybe I’ll give it a go although I’m so used to two eyes and then shut one I’ll probably have to tape my eye open 😂

I've been given a set to try but with Essex Masters coming up won't be playing till later this month, in truth I won't need it in any case; as some will know already I have taught myself to shoot with my non master eye whilst keeping both eyes open anyway but as someone who IS cross dom (and dare say understands the implications) it'll be interesting to see how it works/helps. 

I would never knock a product even if it didn't work for me because there is little reason to doubt that someone will benefit whether it's SP, D Rail or even those regular glow thingies. I remain suspicious of those who push one thing at the exclusion of all others. 

I still dont know what your all on about

I still don't know what your all on about
Here's all you need to know https://www.shootsp.co.uk/ 

I've still no idea what SP stands for.... 

I've been shooting with Ben's EYE D Rail and that worked for me. It didn't encourage barrel watching, just allowed me to be 100% sure that when I need to put the bead on the clay it was the eye over the rib that was seeing the picture. I'm very bead aware without looking back at the gun for it

Just 30gbp (discounted from 49.99 already) for a little lump of plastic that they tell you how to mimic seems steep.

I shall be selling my own kit consisting of a piece of chewing gum and a black marker pen for a tenner :biggrin:

To be fair none of these things are cheap and yes most things can be imitated with a little thought and ingenuity. 

Still, £30 quid isn't too ridiculous if it works, be interesting to see what the D Rail contraption costs and how it performs.

Terrible web site, it took me ages to get any idea what it is, i am still none the wiser. And i still dont know what SP stands for. If it was a few days earlier i would have sworn it was an april fools.

Can someone explain exactly what a tiny little thing on the side of your barrell ( were your not supposed to be looking at anyway) is supposed to do ?

The SP will only be effective if it can be seen solely by the eye you use on the gun – i.e. the eye on the same side that you shoulder the gun.

unquote

be a strange gun fit or a strange pair of eyes if both could see the same side of your barrell

Here's all you need to know https://www.shootsp.co.uk/ 

I've still no idea what SP stands for.... 

I've been shooting with Ben's EYE D Rail and that worked for me. It didn't encourage barrel watching, just allowed me to be 100% sure that when I need to put the bead on the clay it was the eye over the rib that was seeing the picture. I'm very bead aware without looking back at the gun for it
Eye D rail ??

Got a link, can't find anything online

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back