Personal clay shoot!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markvulture

If i were to buy an area of open land and want to set up my own clay shoot there where would i stand planning permission wise? To clarify, it would be personal use only, plus a few mates, no commercial usage. I would ideally like to set up skeet and maybe trap layouts so there would need to be a certain amount of permanent structures. Does anybody have any experience of anything like this?

Unless the law has changed since I was involved in club shoots one of the first things you have to consider is that you are allowed to shoot no more than 28 times a year without planning  permission . Your next consideration is noise pollution.Gun noise travels a long way especially if there is a wind blowing. You need to find out what inhabited properties there are within about two miles of the proposed shoot and the direction of the prevailing wind, generally south westerly in this country. Insurance is another consideration. If you plan on putting up permanent structures or buildings you will possibly need planning permission.

Finally a major consideration is safety and you may find it difficult to get insurance cover without having qualified safety officers.

Vic.

Latest posts

Back