Cross genre gun trading?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocky

Pending the issue of a SGC I’m soon to be buying a shotgun and was wondering if it was possible to trade in an antique/obsolete calibre  (I.e. live but no license reqd) weapon in for one. Will gun dealers trade in entirely different genres of gun or is it not a done thing?

Down to the individual trader but I wouldn’t have thought it was their thing? How exotic is the gun? Lanes armoury in Brighton buys antique war type stuff. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Down to the individual trader but I wouldn’t have thought it was their thing? How exotic is the gun? Lanes armoury in Brighton buys antique war type stuff. 
Well it’s an E Whitney .31 percussion revolver c.1855-1860 so civil war era and relatively scarce in this country I imagine.

It’s a beautiful thing but it just sits in a drawer..

52765417-4B20-4833-B570-A66BB1E93247.jpeg

57F68B05-5F32-433B-9539-A089C9B5AE82.jpeg

495622F4-51AD-408A-974B-1BDD775A20E3.jpeg

9F31FB4C-166F-45B3-85D7-DD760C4498E4.jpeg

Your best bet is to take a punt on GunTrader. It’s about £7.50  for a standard add with pictures . If you  have an idea of  value  ( realistic ) you will end up 30% better off than sticking it in an auction or trading it in .  Shotguns are no different to used cars , if you are offered a great trade in by a dealer , it’s because you are overpaying on the item you want to buy . Take your revolver out of the deal and you can probably negotiate a discount depending on the gun. I was very pleased how quickly I sold a gun on GT recently and very pleased with the price I got ,  as I could offer it a a better price than traders so the buyer was happy as well . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Martyn yeh it’s on GT but it’s very ‘niche’ so I’m not expecting too much interest, I too rate the site though I sold some deacs (inc 2 pumps!) & some airguns last year and they went really quickly! 👍🏻 

Latest posts

Back